Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please vote for me on your June 5th ballot! (and Rick too!)

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please vote for me on your June 5th ballot! (and Rick too!)

Hey High Desert Republicans, we need your help to get re-elected in the first district for Republican Central Committee!

That's right - we're running for office! We were elected last term and have been working to hold our electeds accountable. Turns out, that's not a very popular thing to do! LOL!!

I'm going to use the Republican example here, since I think most jeepers lean towards conservatism and that's the party we're affiliated with. My apologies if this does not represent you - if you do want to support us, please update your registration for the primary TODAY. (deadline is this week)

All Republicans in each county across the country are represented by their central committee. This organization sends delegates to the conventions, endorses candidates (yes, those lovely mailers are already going out), holds voter registration drives and is basically responsible for the growth of the party within the county.

Each county is divided into districts. If you're in the Victor Valley, odds are you're in the first district.

Find your district:
    http://gispub.sbcounty.gov/sbcwebs/ROV_DL/search.asp

First District Map:
    I haven't found one yet. It basically covers the Victor Valley. The lines were just re-drawn this year so be sure to double check your address with the link above.

The first district is represented with 8 seats on the central committee.

This is the lowest form of elected office in our great Republic. We even get to take the oath of office! If you're thinking, what the heck, why have I never heard of this? You are not alone. I could go on forever, but to keep you all from falling asleep or flaming me, if you have any questions please shoot me a PM or email.

We need freedom-minded people representing us at all levels of government. Rick and I have stepped up to the challenge - if you want to join us, PLEASE do! It's easy once you have it figured out. If not, please support us with your vote. THANK YOU!

If you're in San Bernardino county and NOT the first district, please let me know if you need help choosing people to vote for.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

I'll vote for you and Rick!
    1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
    Glad to be back in California!

Comment

If I lived in Victim Valley you know I'd vote fer ya! Good luck!!!
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Since the district realignment, I can't vote for you. I wish I could!

SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Sarah (and Rick) thank you both for your committment. I wish that I could vote for you two, too!

Helen Baker
          In a VERY Blue District

Comment

Thanks everyone Don't forget to register/update your registration if you need to! The last day is just about here...
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
            X