Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doctor

So anyone on here a doc I may have caught hantavirus and no physician wants to help me
    Forest service engine crew Arborist Adopt a trail member rock climbing

I'll be praying for you and your family Dave. Keep us posted.

Just thought about it, check with the county health and human services department. Hantavirus may be something they need to control and have resources for. As I understand, the costs - if any should be minimal.
    Last edited by 6spdYJ; 05-08-12, 11:53 AM.
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Comment

How is it that no Physician wants to help you? That is crazy! Go to a free clinic and get treated. I would think it is not much more than some antibiotics.
      Treatment

People with hantavirus are admitted to the hospital, often to the intensive care unit (ICU).

Treatments will include:

Oxygen
      Breathing tube or breathing machine in severe cases
      A medication called ribavirin to treat kidney-related problems and reduce the risk of death

There is no effective treatment for hantavirus infection involving the lungs.
      You should get cracking on this as it moves fast.

http://health.nytimes.com/health/gui.../overview.html
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Its a deadly virus that I might of caught at calico exploring the mines the first 2to3 weeks it causes severe flu like symptoms with extreme abdominal pains and muscle aches then 4and5 week severe respiratory problems and lungs fill with fluid no cure no mess only thing they can do is give the patient oxygen in an incubator and pray you survive its soo scary 1to3 ppl that get it die a painful death so theres no way for themto tell if I got it so they push the person away with a flu diagnosis im worried
        Forest service engine crew Arborist Adopt a trail member rock climbing

Comment

Sounds serious! I would get to a DR ASAP. Good luck!

Comment

Bummer is with viral infections antibiotics won't do anything except hold off secondary bacterial infections due to a weakened immune system.

Dave, Eric - the big dude in the black TJ - is praying for you too. There will be more. Take care man.
            God forgives, rocks don't
            -sons of thunder

Comment

Dave,

I do not know you but I wish you well.
              If you really got infected with Hantavirus (disease that comes from contact with infected rodents or their urine, droppings or saliva), you NEED to get immediate medical attention.
              There is no specific treatment and, unfortunately, there is no cure but early diagnosis and treatment in an intensive care unit definitely improve chances for a complete recovery.

Comment

Are you doing any better Wicked XJ?

Comment

Working...
                X