Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Baker Resigns

Harry Baker has resigned as South District VP. It is posted on CA4WDC web site.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

The North and Central districts filed a lawsuit against him.

You got what you wanted. Congratulations.

I will NEVER participate in another CA4WD event and CA4WD will NEVER get another penny from this life member.

Once again I congratulate you on your accomplishment.
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

So if Harry jumps off a bridge, are you going to follow????

Comment

Wow. Best of luck Harry.
        Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn View Post
          So if Harry jumps off a bridge, are you going to follow????
          This is EXACTLY the attitude I have come to expect from TPTB in this whole Mark Cave vs Harry Baker mess. Mark Cave controls the CA4WD media machine. Mark and his cronies been smearing Harry & Helen's name for a few years now.

I have first hand knowledge of the thousands of hours Harry and Helen have contributed to keeping our trails open. I choose to believe their actions over your hollow words.

I'm done with CA4WD and anyone that chooses to publicly smear Harry & Helen Bakers good name with idle gossip.
          Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

This is why I quit them 2 years ago. Too political.
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Not sure if its true or not but I heard the truth came out at the last meeting and all Harrys buddies ask him to step down.

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
                The North and Central districts filed a lawsuit against him.

You got what you wanted. Congratulations.

I will NEVER participate in another CA4WD event and CA4WD will NEVER get another penny from this life member.

Once again I congratulate you on your accomplishment.
                What grounds do they have for a law suit against The Baker's ?

BTW I didn't renew this year.
                You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

There was no lawsuit. Get real.

Harry failed to do his responsibilities as VP and was asked to step down by past presidents.. Harry has done a lot for off roading and CA4WDC but he has been working on his own agenda for a while.

Comment

And there you have it. No use staying where he isn't wanted. I wonder what direction he will move in now. I hope he finds another outlet for his energy that will benefit us all. I wish him luck.
                    And as for CA4WD, say bye bye. My money is going somewhere where drama is what you find on TNT. Sorry Al, but the politics of that organization turn me off big time.
                    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

RIP Cal4WD. You are finished...

As for Harry, I'm sure he and Helen will keep the good fight through friends of JV.

Luv You both.
                      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                      MJR moderator
                      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                      Jeep Patrol Leader
                      Reforestation Supervisor
                      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                      Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
                        the politics of that organization turn me off big time.
                        agreed,...Also another reason to not be in a club that FORCES YOU to be a CA4W member as well...Matt
                        "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

I know little of CA4WDC other than I pay my dues every year, visit their booth at the Off Road Expo and try to support their events when they fit my schedule. It's a real shame when internal infighting and posturing impede the good that an organization is trying to accomplish. Everyone managing CA4WDC should just grow up and remember the reasons for the Association. I just hate to lose any organization that fights to keep land open due to internal conflicts.
                          I spend most of my money on four-wheeling, the rest I just waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom (SuperCJ) View Post
                            I know little of CA4WDC other than I pay my dues every year, visit their booth at the Off Road Expo and try to support their events when they fit my schedule. It's a real shame when internal infighting and posturing impede the good that an organization is trying to accomplish. Everyone managing CA4WDC should just grow up and remember the reasons for the Association. I just hate to lose any organization that fights to keep land open due to internal conflicts.
                            The opposers are loving the internal fighting and they will benefit from it.
                            Does anyone know how many members they lost this year? Were the losses mainly the southern district or were they across the state ?

I want to reiterate that the Baker's resigning wasn't the reason I didn't renew. It is simple, I pay dues so they can keep trails open. I'm not paying to listen to them argue amongst themselves.

With or without the Baker's resignation, I wasn't renewing this year.
                            You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

Working...
                            X