Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sayonara

Well I did not get a chance to meet every one here. But to the few that I did wheel with and get a chance to know thank you for good memories that I will carry with me through life.

Coming from the Pacific Northwest after the first 22yr chapter in my life I joined Corps and came down to Southern California. Life was good and I took advantage of being on the coast. After giving 4yrs and getting back to the civilian world my choice of job and house location kept pulling me further and further from the ocean. Very unwillingly I was convinced to move to Victorville with Jeep money being promised. I did a lot of b1tching and complaining about living up there for the past 7yrs and some how lost sight of the people I had met on here and the great wheeling to be had so close. Crawling in the desert or wheeling up in Big Bear, both of which were so close. Of course there are plenty of other spots I was able to wheel from the Rubicon down to Anza, and as far out as Logandale, NV.

After a rough couple years of family losses on my wife's side, the decision was made to relocate back East in Western/ Upstate NY. Coincidently the town's name... Victor. Funny considering Victorville was originally called Victor. Any way after a long painful process of a short sale, a year of thinking I was walking away from a job of 11yrs, an accident just a couple of days before the house closed, here I am. A 52 hr drive across country pulling a Tentrax trailer and loaded down Jeep. I thought the drive was rough until I hit MO and the rear drive shaft failed. Apparently the state shuts down on Saturday afternoon and I ended up pulling the rear shaft and driving in front wheel drive for the next 1,100 miles. Jeep definitely took some abuse that trip. But I am reunited with my wife, my job kept me in the group I have been working with for almost 12yrs now just working out of an office on the other side of the country. Did I mention my commute went from 90 miles a day to under 10 miles a day? My wife has a great family, I am already getting a feel for the seasons. Looks like if I plan on doing any crawling it will be a 4.5hr drive down to Rausch Creek, which I hope to do soon.

So just wanted to say thank you to every one on MJR for the good times I will definitely cherish the memories of wheeling Southern California, and wish you all the best.

Josh
    Build it right the first time.

Nice story Josh with a positive outcome. Your thoughts and wishes returned. I too am a coastal dweller and would find it very hard to be far from it. MJR will be here for you so no goodbyes just see you around.

Cheers!

Comment

Josh, make sure you post up some pix when you get that crawlin done!

Scott

Comment

Josh, I never met you, but thank you for your service to our great nation.

Good luck on the east coast, and there's always room for you here at MJR!
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Just so you know... MJR is a national forum. You can live on the East coast and still participate in MJR if you like. Hell, you could even promote the site and generate your own East Coast following.
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Best of luck to you, MJR is still only a click away. Keep on crawlin'!
            "I started out with nothing and still have most of it left."

Comment

My wife graduated from St. Bonaventure and lived in Pittsford for 15 years. I was in Rochester for 1 year, beautiful place and very nice folks there. I think you'll love the beauty and quality of life upstate NY can offer. As others have said, MJR will still be there so post up your adventures. Best of luck.
              [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

Good luck with the next chapter of your life. One very bright spot is you will get fall foliage again.

Comment

Best of luck to you and your family.
                  Check out .

Comment

Josh! Thank you for your support for the site, your service and your post! You rock! And, as everyone else has said, post us some pics when ya get where yer join'
                    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Wow Josh, Hell of a adventure you're having there. Good luck in your future endeavors, and definitely keep your jeep parked right here. We'll take good care of her...
                      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Josh, Take care back there! Keep in touch!
                        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                        MJR moderator
                        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                        Jeep Patrol Leader
                        Reforestation Supervisor
                        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                        Eagle Scout

Comment

Thank you every one. I will post some runs when I finally make them. My "honey do list" has turned into a "family do", which is perfectly fine but hard to play at the moment.
                          Build it right the first time.

Comment

Working...
                          X