Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic and so much fun to watch

The Rubicon has been whispering to me..I wasn't sure my daily driver would be OK, but after watching this, I wondered what I was worrying about. They can barely stay seated and they're trying to drive and hang onto their hats..ya have to watch the whole thing! Notice they all have smiles on their face!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vov-IPy_6NM

I'm sure the trail has changed tremendously over the years due to weather and 40" tires, but still....anyone plan on going this year?? Do you think my daily driver would be OK? I welcome all opinions..better to be shot down, than broke down

My specs: 2.5 L 5 speed / 4.56 Gears, 33x12.50 M/T MTZ/ Cragar Soft 8's, 3" Black Diamond suspension , 1" JKS BL, SAVVY GTS, Currie Correctlync Steering Kit, Currie Adjustable Trackbar, Currie Lower Control Arm Skids, Rear CV Driveshaft, Advance Adaptor SYE, RE Control Arms, 30 Spline G2 HD Cromoly Rear Axle, RockHard Roll Cage, ARB Lockers, XRC8 Winch, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Xenon Sport Flares, XRC Armor Corner Guards, Skid Row Skid Plate, Pro Comp Trail Lights, Custom Sliders, some other little stuff.
    Last edited by I H8RDS; 03-15-12, 03:03 PM.
    Jeep Girl

You would have no problems doing the rubicon. I also think you would really enjoy the Jamboree. It's a fun event.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

That's what I was telling you last weekend, that from what I've seen on YouTube I think your Jeep (in the hands of a GOOD driver) would have little trouble doing it.

Lorie before you blow a fuse, "good driver" = NOT me. Lol

Comment

The trail has changed quite considerably in the past couple of years. Much much harder. If you go with the Jamboree they stack the rocks and help you get through. Sidekick off road has 2 video's of the whole trail - that will give you a good idea of what to expect.

Comment

I'd love to go some time!
          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
          www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Interesting. The trail looks similar in some places and very different in others. This is what the Little Sluice by-pass looked like in 2009:

The trees have grown a bit.

This is the top of Big Sluice the same year:
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Wow, gorgeous! And too cool..I want to go!
              Jeep Girl

Comment

She's whispering to me.....

http://jeepjamboreeusa.com/wp-conten...bicon-2012.pdf

I just noticed...only 1 day of actual wheeling??
                Last edited by I H8RDS; 03-16-12, 09:30 AM.
                Jeep Girl

Comment

I too want to do this trail someday. Looks amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                    I too want to do this trail someday. Looks amazing!
                    Beau...let's plan it..seriously. Let's do it this year.
                    Jeep Girl

Comment

You have to do the Rubi once in your life. If you can, spend a few days at least otherwise you miss the best parts. Buck Island Lake is my favorite and Rubi Springs is second. Good fishing at the bridge over the Rubicon River, and so many Kodak moments you'll fill a 16 GB card in no time. I want to go again next year. Too much on the plate already for this year.
                      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
                        You have to do the Rubi once in your life. If you can, spend a few days at least otherwise you miss the best parts. Buck Island Lake is my favorite and Rubi Springs is second. Good fishing at the bridge over the Rubicon River, and so many Kodak moments you'll fill a 16 GB card in no time. I want to go again next year. Too much on the plate already for this year.

Yea, that's one thing that really interests me about the Rubicon trail, it looks like it is a very pretty area! I'd love to bring a few big cameras out there, burn some big sheets of film and fill up some big memory cards Would just have to pack some of those cameras real carefully.
                        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                        www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

The Rubi is a photo fiesta! But you really do need to slow down and enjoy the spots you find along the way. I have to agree with RAT, these are two of my favorites:

Buck Island Lake:

Rubicon Springs:
                          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                          [/COLOR]

Comment

Wow, I can't wait till the day I can run this trail and not just see it by driving through the beautiful scenery but to actually be able to stop hear and smell the beauty of what this area is...all that put together must be such a thrill!!

Comment

Working...
                            X