Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle registraition collections

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, CA DMV sends me to collections because I decided, I don't ride my two atv's any more and I'm not spending 120.00 for tags this year.
    Are they that hard up for money? I could see a car, but a green sticker vehicle? Guess who the collection agency is....
    Vehicle Registration Collections c/o Franchise Tax Board.

If this isn't something new, its the first I heard of it.

About 20 years ago the county decided that because I work on cars at a shop I'm considered a "sub contractor" and taxed me on my tools (about $100) two years later the courts decided they couldn't do that. Did I get a refund....NO.
    A few more years, retirement and GET OUT OF CA. Cant wait.
    Come to the dark side.....
    We have Cookies!

I remember the tool thing, didn't want to pay it, so they put a lien on my house good times eh

Comment

Same here. The 3rd year I found out they kicked it out in court. Didn't know I still had to pay it one more time (ruling didn't come into effect till the next year). I didn't find out they put a lien on my house till I refied. Its payed and I have to keep the receipt. It will still show until I go to court to have a judge remove it. GAWD
      Come to the dark side.....
      We have Cookies!

Comment

Buddy at work got money deducted from his paycheck for past due registration on his jeep. He was planning on green stickering it because he dont drive it on the street anymore.

Comment

Working...
        X