Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• townhouse renovation

Hi,

I am renovating a townhouse in Huntington Beach and need help on a couple of things. I may need a plumber to run a gas line and asbestos abatement team. Anyone here in those businesses or have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Jonah

What is the asbestos abatement entail? sometimes it better to cover it depending where it's at.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

It is popcorn ceiling, one bedroom and hall/stairwell and some old ducting in the attic. Most of the place was scraped already, I just want to finish it off.

Comment

You need to get a asbestos abatement frim. Licensed contractors won't touch popcorn ceilings. especially in a townhouse. Our do it your self.
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Yeah, I have some call out to firms, just hoping for a referral rather than going blind. Thought about DIY for a second...not worth the hassle to me, sometimes it pays to pay someone.

Comment

Removing mine was a pain. Your suppose to spray it down with a spray bottle before you scrape. Two days later, I wished I had brought in a garden hose. Would have made it faster. I've gotten to the point where I'm just going to pay someone if I ever have to deal with it again.
            Come to the dark side.....
            We have Cookies!

Comment

Pay someone .Much easier and quicker .They leave no mess behind .

Comment

As a former certified asbestor material instector, I recommend you have an asbestos abatement company handle it. It is expensive, but the lialility could bankrupt you. Brickley in San Bernardino comes to mind. They are fair and "reasonably" priced. Asbestos contactors travel all over the state for work so you wouldn't be too far for them to go.

Also, don't forget, there are long term healt risks with not handleing asbestos properly.
                SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                MJR moderator
                MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
                X