Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig Sauer P226 TAC OPS, .40SW, Nitron, Night Sights, DA/SA, 4 SCT Magazines

http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-saue...-ops-40sw.html

Hi everyone. After not shooting much since I left the Marines almost 10 years ago... I am interested in purchasing a hand gun. I have found the one I want, I am wondering if any of you have any recommendations for where to purchase the fire arm with fair pricing. I posted a link above for the Sig i want for $1000. Almost the same as the JKS Switch Blade

Thanks,
    Brett

Nothing wrong with liking nice things. Sig Sauer makes good guns, don't want one of them black plastic waterpistol looking things?
    I hear those are pretty darn good shooters

Comment

Those black water pistols thingys like (glocks) are probably carried by 90% of the US law enforcment. I wonder why? I have a springfield xd 9mm and must say for the price its one of the most innovative guns I own. I will go as far to tell you I like it better than my glock 22 .40 cal. Sigs are really really nice guns but a bit over priced imo. Try B&B or B&E guns in LA or westminster. Not sure if theyre still in business but they alway had good prices. BTW any gun you get in california will only come with maximun of 10 rounds mags. High caps have been banned years ago.
      Last edited by Jeeperator; 01-27-12, 05:03 AM.

Comment

One of my ex-employees works at Orange County shooting range. They are a licenced dealer and I'm sure he can get you a fair price for what you are looking for. They might have one you can shoot, and they have a ton of hand guns you can try out if you're interested. Let me know if you want to go and I'll PM you the address and his name.
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Let's set up a day to go shooting! Tomorrow is open for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
            Those black water pistols thingys like (glocks) are probably carried by 90% of the US law enforcment. I wonder why?
            90% is a bit high, but Glock has for all practical purposes replaced S&W as the primary LEO handgun supplier. One of the reasons is pricing - Glock is willing to underbid almost all of their competition.

Another reason is the very simple operating system - pull the trigger and it goes bang (most of the time anyway). A majority of current law enforcement cadets come into the system with NO prior experience - again, the Glock OS is very simple.

Now, survey the Law Enforcement community that is actually tasked with deploying their handguns on a frequent basis in an offensive mode (SWAT, FBI HRT, etc), you'll find almost no TupperPistols (Glock, XD's, etc)
            Jeff
            OHV76V
            KG6TY
            You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

If you go shooting, give me a ring!

Comment

I pretty sure more cops carry a glock 22 than all the other guns put together http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_n25469319/. I believe 90 percent carrying glocks in general was a very conservative number. Why? Its the best tool for the job, just point and click. No hammer, no decocker, no safety you have to physically take off. Most manufacturers have jumped on the polymer band wagon now because its the future. I know a few cops that carry the springfield xd.40 now and love it. Check them out, I think its a step above a glock with all the extra features. Infact my next pistol will be a xd .45. Another thing is the springfields XD's are priced lower than glocks also.

Comment

I like my XD40 and my son just got a sig220 45. I have a few friends as well as relatives in the force. They mostly carry glocks. The XD and sig fit my hand better than than the others and with my stubby fingers the xd is the only one I can hit the mag release and slide release without having to twist my hand. For me holding the glock feels a little unnatural. If I draw the xd and point it sits straight, glock I have to drop the front slightly. Before I bought my auto I went to a local range that rented guns. They didnt have a huge selection but it was enough for me to try most of what I was considering.
                  The only bad thing for me is cost of ammo. Im probably going to get a sig or an xd in a 9mm to play with.
                  Come to the dark side.....
                  We have Cookies!

Comment

I like the S&W M&P .40 myself, it's a plastic pistol sure, but it's a really nice one... and no safety to slow you down either. I like to carry the thing around a lot and the plastic waterguns you guys are joking about are a lot lighter on the carry. When you carry the thing around every day you start to appreciate a lighter, more sweat-resistant watergun. Oh, and nickle plated brass- it's nice to have a slick casing after you have carried the ammo around for two weeks and then need to use it. If you are having trouble with the cost of ammo, start reloading. I started reloading my .40 target rounds and self defense rounds, pennies on the dollar. I didn't do it to save money at first, but now that I know that the bullets I'm shooting for fun only cost me $0.03 instead of $0.50 each, I get to shoot more. I'm suprised more LEO armories don't do their own reloading... There is enough downtime and plenty of brass, the dept always say that the cost of ammo keeps the officers from the range time they would like to have, they could standardize loads, only use reloaded ammo at the range...
                    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

I went to a shop today in Torrance to discuss purchasing the firearm. CA has a list of "CA approved" firearms. This Sig is not yet on the list. i probably have to wait several months before I can buy this gun in CA. I may buy a little .22 in the mean time just to have something for target shooting with low cost ammo. So I don't have a jeep or a firearm at the moment... or a dog... or a house in the desert...or the mountains... I guess I have to go to the beach a bit more... lots of girls in bikinis today playing beach volleyball... I guess that is ok for now... i know life is tough!

On another funny note.. I clicked on the link by Jeeperator above.. I love how the advertised links on the bottom of the page are for Russian woman or brides ahaha. I guess guys that like guns are single and can't get a girl in the US and we have to import them from Russia.... I love it!
                      Last edited by vwtipeii; 01-28-12, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Here's two off the sig sight. Compare the pictures and then click on spec's. Scroll all the way to the bottom and it will say whether or not its allowed in CA. Besides Mag capacity there are only a few differences, the main being the tab on the back called a beaver-tail. Sig would have to submit that version for testing even though the original version passed. I'm surprised the gun store owner didn't tell you that. My son's sig, we had the sights replaced and will be reworking the trigger. Remember this, guns are like Jeeps, you can get carried away with the mods and it gets real expensive.

Heres the links. Normal 226 in black and the Elite.
                        http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p226.aspx
                        http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProdu...ced-elite.aspx
                        Heres the page with all the 226 variants.
                        http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProdu...tols-p226.aspx

As for 22's, I have a Walther p22. I can only run good grades of ammo through it but it's fun to shoot.
                        Last edited by Zoobi; 01-29-12, 09:33 AM.
                        Come to the dark side.....
                        We have Cookies!

Comment

22s are great little guns to have fun with. I shoot my Mark II almost every time I take the Jeep out, as well as my 3 Screw 357. Found out (from a Marine friend) about a site that has some pretty good deals for kits, which I believe are legal to purchase in all States; what you do with the kit later is another story. Never the less it looks like you could put together a nice M16 for about $700 if my memory serves me right. Might be worth checking out? Has anyone had any dealings with these guys? My buddy said he has bought a few things from them and had good success.

http://www.del-ton.com/
                          USMC F&AM

Comment

I love my XD45 and have put a lot of rounds thru it over the last several years. Accurate and functions perfectly. On another note, here in Georgia you can grab an AR-15 off the shelf at the local sporting goods store, with 2 30 round mags for $1000 I'm digging the 14 round mags for my XD45 also.

Comment

Originally posted by TipsE-Z View Post
                              22s are great little guns to have fun with. I shoot my Mark II almost every time I take the Jeep out, as well as my 3 Screw 357. Found out (from a Marine friend) about a site that has some pretty good deals for kits, which I believe are legal to purchase in all States; what you do with the kit later is another story. Never the less it looks like you could put together a nice M16 for about $700 if my memory serves me right. Might be worth checking out? Has anyone had any dealings with these guys? My buddy said he has bought a few things from them and had good success.

http://www.del-ton.com/
                              From the site: We cannot ship this rifle to CA, HI, NY, NJ, MD, & MA due to local state guns laws.

PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL FFL DEALER TO MAKE SURE THE WEAPON YOU ARE PURCHASING IS LEGAL FOR YOUR STATE.

Comment

Working...
                              X