Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Career Change...

[COLOR="sienna"]Do we have any electricians on the board? If so, can you PM me... I have questions.[/COLOR]
    Last edited by USMC 0369; 11-20-11, 04:19 PM. Reason: fix spelling... duh...
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

4x4fiend is, but he has been unemployed for some time, you could still pm him though

Comment

I am an electrician and have been for the last 12 years. Thanks for the reminder about the unemployment, Art. I have been employed for the last couple months.

Anyways, if you have questions about being an electrician I'd love to answer them.
      "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

I've been accused of it. PM sent
        God forgives, rocks don't
        -sons of thunder

Comment

[COLOR="#a0522d"]Thanks guys, replied to you both. Appreciate you helping with a life changing decision.[/COLOR]

Comment

I'm not an Electrician but I have always worked in electronics, more on the board/component level and R&D. If that's a route you're looking at let me know.
            USMC F&AM

Comment

[COLOR="sienna"]I'm not sure I could handle that much college to get into electronics. I'm a pretty basic education product.[/COLOR]

Comment

So am I, my education was country high school and the Marine Corps. Experience seems to matter a lot from what I've seen, has gotten me in over college grads simply because they don't have the real world knowledge.
                USMC F&AM

Comment

Yeah, don't throw out experience over education. I am working with highly degreed EE's, got the job based on my Tron experience while in the Navy.

Only limits you have are the one's you place on yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by DaK View Post
                    Only limits you have are the one's you place on yourself.
                    ^ Listen to him. He sounds very smart.
                    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

What do you have going on Nick? Are you planning on Commercial Electrician, motors, residential? What are your plans. If you are thinking about any of those and would like a copy of the CA electrical code book, let me know.
                      E
                      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Thank you Erik, I am not really sure what specific discipline I'm looking for. Controls seems to be a great area to get into. I'm not quite to the decision point on this yet. Once I pull the trigger on which way I'm going, I'll let ya know if I can use the book. Thank you for helping out.

Comment

Working...
                        X