Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any places to wheel on the west side of Angeles National Forest?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any places to wheel on the west side of Angeles National Forest?

So I'm looking to find some more places to wheel that are close by. I live and work in the west side of Los Angeles area (Santa Monica, Venice, and Marina areas). My usual go-to place for wheeling since I've gotten into offroading in the passed year has been Frazier Park, and I'm thinking about checking out the Gorman / Hungry Valley area just south of Frazier (BTW, is it worth checking out? or no?), However, I'm looking on the map and I see that the Angeles National Forest is about 1/2 the distance from me to Frazier and Hungry.

Are there any places to wheel in the Angeles National Forest area, even just milder trails that might have good scenery/photography? I'm particularly interested in the western side of the forest, south of the 14 since that is closer to me.

Or any other areas near by Los Angeles?
    Last edited by daniel_buck; 10-17-11, 02:21 PM.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

the Rowher Flats OHV just east of Santa Clarita has two 4WD trails, the Rowher Trail and the Lookout Trail. You have to watch out for quads and motorbikes all over the area!!
    http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ghlight=rowher

Another trail is the Santa Clara Divide Trail 3N17, but most of that is still closed because of the Station Fire.
    Last edited by Russ Chung; 10-17-11, 02:54 PM.
    If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
    KI6MLU

Comment

Pretty trails off Cuddy Rd; past Lockwood Valley Rd on the right, out by Fraizer..trails 111, 112 and 113. Tons of trees, bushes, critters, deer.. some sort of pretty species of butterflies by the hundreds..
      Jeep Girl

Comment

Working...
      X