Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote of the day

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming !
    Jeep Girl

In simple redneck speak, live life to the fullest and git er done

Comment

ya ya..that's it!!
      Jeep Girl

Comment

Hopefully as you skid in broadside, it won't be unbearably hot! :oops: :devil:
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Not out there it won't be....wish I could pitch a tent and do all the runs that weekend, but I can't see sleeping I a tent in 20 degree weather. I hate winter.
          Jeep Girl

Comment

0 degree bag and with tent heater. Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
              0 degree bag and with tent heater. Good times.
              Ya? Is that what it has to come down to? I have never camped in anything "cold"...and cold for me is anything below 40. And I wasn't diggin' 40. COLD! Have to have a HUGE fire!
              Jeep Girl

Comment

I remember snowmobiling in Yellowstone -35 with a hard wind blowing good times
                That place is so incredibly beautiful in winter

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                  But Cold!! I'm a sissy, I admit it. I'll be cryin' about it for the next 6 months. And I hate wheelin' with my top up...well, maybe hate is too strong of a word....I prefer to wheel with my top down
                  Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                    I did that in 2002. The place we rented the snowmobiles had a chart. It was -2 that day, and traveling at 65 on the snowmobile gave you a wind-chill adjusted temp of something in the range of -60*F. I can still feel that kind of cold if I think about it!

It's incredibly beautiful year round, but I found it especially breathtaking in winter, and not just form the cold!
                    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

When you cross the Arctic Circle in the Navy they have a Blue Nose ceremony. wearing nothing but your underwear, -30 air temp, 25 knot wind across the bow. You spend close to 20 minutes running a gauntlet on the flight deck. Then back inside for more hazing. Funny thing is, I don't remember being cold. But I do remember hugging the 5 gallon coffee pot for 30 minutes. So maybe it was a little cold...
                      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Thanks for the visual of you in your underwear (Cold) LOL...this site never lets me down!
                        Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
                          When you cross the Arctic Circle in the Navy they have a Blue Nose ceremony. wearing nothing but your underwear, -30 air temp, 25 knot wind across the bow. You spend close to 20 minutes running a gauntlet on the flight deck. Then back inside for more hazing. Funny thing is, I don't remember being cold. But I do remember hugging the 5 gallon coffee pot for 30 minutes. So maybe it was a little cold...

That must have been back in the good ole days. They don't allow any of those Esprit de corp rituals(hazing) anymore. Heck they don't allow a lot of things in the military anymore that personally I think need to be brought back(wall to wall counseling for one). I am just glad that I have been in long enough to have seen participated(recieved) in some of those events early on.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikeman View Post
                            That must have been back in the good ole days. They don't allow any of those Esprit de corp rituals(hazing) anymore. Heck they don't allow a lot of things in the military anymore that personally I think need to be brought back(wall to wall counseling for one). I am just glad that I have been in long enough to have seen participated(recieved) in some of those events early on.
                            Ditto!

I currently work as a civilian now for the Navy (prior airdale) and I can't tell you how many kids we process out of the Navy now for Stupid stuff. The Navy just won't keep you in if you do something stupid, no matter how minor.

We had some fun back in the good 'ol days!
                            Jeep Girl

Comment

Blue Nosed on November 16th, 1984. Shellbacked on May 15, 1984.Yep, it was a while ago. Tighty whities were still in...
                              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                              X