Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really? Should it be so difficult?

New bumper.... So what could I be looking for you might ask? What finish do I want to put on it? Powder coat, spray paint, maybe hard anodizing... I think I choose Hammerite, but..... Who the 4ell sell's the stuff? Lowes, no. Homedepot, no... Frazzee's, no... Ace Hardware does not seem to exist in the high desert. Is this a mail order only? I see Hammerite has it in a smooth satin black.
    Build it right the first time.

Go with Krylon Rust Tough satin Black
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Thanks Nailer, ended up just using the usual Rustoleum Professional.

I am batting a thousand.. Just got a call from Victorville Motors this morning to inform me that the new TJ hardtop I ordered Sept 24th is no longer available... Love it. I guess it takes Chrysler two and a half weeks before they get the order.
      Build it right the first time.

Comment

Hammerrite and products like it are available at automotive finish suppliers and it ain't cheap. $80-$120 per gallon.
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Rustoleum sells a hammetone finish in a can but personally I like rustoleum satin black looks good no matter how bad you are at painting. Hate to spend coin on powder coat just to scratch it on a rock. pray can touches up easy and eck of alot cheaper.

Comment

Working...
          X