Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even with permission, watch where you wheel

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I had quite the wild time last night. I went up to Portland for a housewarming/birthday/getting my Jeep running party. At about midnight, this kid Kyle suggests we go to his parents property & break in my Jeep on a little trail. So we head over, & Kyle in a lifted GC just takes off. I've never been there before, I'm driving on bald all-terrains, & I've never wheeled the Jeep, so I'm struggling a little to keep up.

I finally get stuck in a gully with a steep up hill, & Kyle backs down to hook up the strap. Next thing I know, there's a guy standing at my window with a shotgun, & he is NOT happy . It turns out to be Kyle's dad. He starts going off about it being private property & getting my junk out of there, while I'm trying to tell him that we're with his son. Kyle walks up & pops starts in on him, telling him he better find a new place to live, just ripping him a new one. Then he walks off.

Anyway, we got pulled out, & went back to the party house, & had a good laugh about it.
    • Almost flipped it; had 3 guys on the front bumper at one point
      Shotgun pulled on me
      Stuck
      Front DS ujoint came apart, because the strap bolts weren't tight

Not bad for the first bit of wheeling the Jeep.
    1983 CJ7 AMC 360, T-5, Dana 300
    Dana 30, AMC 20

Sounds like FUN!

Glad to hear you didnt get shot!
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Goodtimes.
      “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
      -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

:snicker:

Nice Dad!
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Haha, dont we all know about wheeling on private property! Funny that it was your friends dad though!

Comment

I talked to my friends yesterday, they said the dad had called & apologized for the way he was acting, that it was uncalled for. I don't know if he was having a bad day or what, but at least he's sorry about it.
            1983 CJ7 AMC 360, T-5, Dana 300
            Dana 30, AMC 20

Comment

brandishing a smoothbore is Assault with a Deadly Weapon. Your friend's pop needs to have a talking to by your county sheriff or town PD. The next person he points a gun at may rightfully shoot back.
              Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
              2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Brandishing is considered assault in this state???????????
                I got to get out of here....
                I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

I think since it was his property he was ok there... I know if it was my property I would assume I have the right to defend it. I'm pretty sure he handled it entirely wrong though - he should have at least figured out it was his kid first, then pulled out the shotgun...
                  1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                  My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Working...
                  X