Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ffl

Ok, need to transfer the M&P .40 to another state. Any one out there have a well trusted gun dealer they could recommend that might be able to assist me?

Thanks in advance,
    Josh
    Build it right the first time.

Josh, how are you transfering it and what are the laws in the destinations state? My stuff is going to Georgia in a locked (my lock) storage/moving POD, inside my locked Liberty 700lb safe. Georgia does not not have or require gun registration, so zero concern there. Valid State ID and no Felony, Mental or Substance abuse issues and a CCW is almost automatic. If you are flying and then shipping (mailing) I don't know. If you are driving then you have to check with each state on your route. Good luck

Comment

Hey there Mitch. N.Y. is just one step behind Ca. in regards to hand guns. I need a dealer so it can be transfered (by mail) from a dealer in Ca. to a dealer in N.Y. From there I have to apply for what they call a "permit". More commonly known as a concealed weapons permit to the rest of us. Once I have my permit, I go to the dealer in N.Y. and the gun is signed over to me. If I would have moved the hand gun with us along with the shot gun by driving it across the state line, then went to register & get my permit they would have taken the hand gun and charged me with a felony.

Comment

What do you mean N.Y. is one step behind CA? Do you mean in difficulty dealing with handguns? If so, then it shouldn't be too difficult. I brought all my rifles here and you don't need to do anything. I brought a handgun back with me from Louisiana last year and all I had to do was fill out a form online and mail it in. It was pretty easy. I forget if there was a fee or not for the handgun, if there was it was pretty small. I think it was something like a "reporting new ownership" form, or what not.
        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
        www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Thanks for the input guys... I have done my research and know what I need to do. I am only asking for any one that can recommend a trust worthy gun dealer so I can take the next step.

Comment

I don't know where you are located (nothing in your profile) but if you are near culver city, I like the Retting gun store.

www.retting.com
            [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
            www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Good luck Josh

Comment

Turners has always been good to me-
                http://www.turners.com/
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I don't know where you are but my bud works at Orange County Shooting range. They are a respectable dealer and can do transfers for you.
                  [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                  [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                  http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

If you are in OC, I have an outstanding mobile FFL who will come to wherever you're at and charges less than brick & mortar guys can. He's straight up, I've done plenty of business with him.

Contact Steve Foster at OC Firearms: (714) 371-8663
                    Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

I always liked the Stockade near HB. One of the guys there was a Marine stationed with me for a couple years; don't know if he's still there but he would be good. Anyone there would be good for that matter.
                      USMC F&AM

Comment

I am in the high desert, I will make some calls. Thanks guys.

Comment

I live in the High Desert... I like Drew's Precision Reloading, on Palmdale road by the Denny's... I dunno if you have looked up the cost of this but you might sell the .40 you have and buy a new one when you get to where your going. I have a .40 M&P and I love mine, wouldn't mind having another one if that would work for you.
                          :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Thanks for the info for Drew's. Hadn't thought about selling, but maybe if the price is right.

Comment

Working...
                            X