Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desert Property

I'm checking out this piece of land for sale here in the desert, it's a little ways off the pavement. Just a spot to go to and kick back, have a camp fire, drink a few beers, it's not very far from my house here in Phelan. We have a few spots like this locally that we don't own so I was just thinking it would be cool to own one.

I've been looking for a good spot for months and this is the one I like. The property owner neglected to tell me about what was there, seemed a little unsure on the Coordinates also but I found the land and went to check it out today. I get there and I really like the spot. Theres lots of boulders to the East of it for crawling, some trails close by also, plenty of level spots for the toy hauler should I decide to take it out for the weekend. The only thing that makes me a little nervous about buying this property is it has a grave on it. The grave itself doesn't bother me, it's just that the property owner knew nothing about it and I don't know if it would create any problems for me should I decide to buy it. The land is up for auction and I have to bid on it today.

Would you guys let this stop you from buying the property? Do you think this will create any problems for me down the line? Any advice would be great. This is right next to a house foundation that I'd guess dates back to the 40's?

Gary,

Buy it. I'll visit you and enjoy a cold one out there.

Mitch

Comment

I knew I should've thrown more money at it. I was outbid during the last 10 seconds. I'll get the next one.

Comment

how much property is it, and what was the winning bid? This intrigues me.
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

This property was just over 5 acres. Nobody was really bidding at first so I was just tinkering around and bumping the bid $50.00 at a time. The last 10 seconds is where I screwed up, I had the bid at $3,000.00 and then bid again to $3,101.00. The last few seconds it went for $3,150.00 with no time left for me to rebid. What I should have done is slapped a $4k or $5k bid on it. That way the other bidder/bidders would have pecked away and might not of reached my limit????

I'm looking and waiting for pieces of land in specific areas so it can take a little while before another one pops up. Not looking for investment land, just a neat spot for a camp site not to far from home. I'd use it and so would my family, and friends. I plan on building a few things on the site like a stone fire ring, stone or steel benches around the fire ring, maybe a cement pad for in front of my toy hauler. Just stuff that would be hard for other people to tear up when we're not around.

Comment

5 acres for 3k? Are you missing some zeros? Wow!
            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

LOL no, not missing any zeros. No power, or water, just raw desert. I took some pics while I was out there looking at the prop I'll post some up tomorrow afternoon when I get back from the dmv.

Took the jeep out there again yesterday early evening. Really kicking myself now for letting this prop slip by. Lots of rocks, some trails, very nice area. Last night we wheeled some to the north of the area, found a few holes/mines, several old center block abandoned houses. Kinda looked like an old military housing development. May have been because it's not far from Edwards. Even found the remnants of a stripped out Cherokee blocking the trail. Just the fire wall, pillar, and dash.

Comment

Working...
              X