Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why us vendors love MJR

I was checking out Expedition Portal and decided to post up about my new Weekender Plus Trailer in their Trailler section which is hosted by Adventure Trailer. My competition.

So I did and received some nice comments.

The next day the thread is gone! WTF....

I get a PM from the admin stating is was a commercial thread so he deleted it.
    But if I become a sponsor for $700.00 a year I could post it up.
    So it comes to this....trying so suck money out from every vendor just because they have so many people on the site.

How can a small business survive by everyone wanting money.
    Recently we chose NOT to attended a lot of local organized runs.
    TDS BBFF because of the cost to us small vendors.
    TDS wanted like 750.00 to attended and show
    BBFF wanted 1200.00 to show.

Whats the deal?

In this economy they need to get people to there show up and vendors to make it deverse.
    I am blessed to be busy and glad to support the local cause but not be robbed.

So Sarah and Rick Thank you for NOT being in that category.
    2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

You can post your stuff up on our forum, www.inlandjeepfreeks.com We don't have nearly the traffic that MJR does, but still...
    www.inlandjeepfreeks.com

Comment

I couldn't echo this loud enough. While I'm obviously not a vendor, I still can't agree more that Sarah and Rick, along with all the other core members have truly made MJR a great internet destination and fostered a great environment that has brought in alot of great people. This site, and it's people are what wheeling is all about to me.

Thanks!
      USMC F&AM

Comment

It is all about business. The web sites don't run themselves without cost. For many of the larger sites it is a full time job, and the costs for space and bandwidth are as much as a mortgage. In all honesty, with the money that comes out of the pockets of Rick and Sarah each month to keep this site up and running they SHOULD charge vendors to post. That is the way 90% of these sites are run.
        They are just more generous than most site owners.

There is value to having sales related posts on a forum with hundreds of thousands of readers. One of them might buy something. Think about it... 2 sales a year pays for the vendor acct; the rest is profit. Just like buying an ad in the local paper where someone might open it up and see your picture. That stuff costs.
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Cant agree with you more Erik, That why at the MJR Meet and Greets I donate items for the giveaways, Buy MJR items in which we sport.
          I know it does cost money for having a website advertising and such I spend about 250.00 a month on this.
          Sp I do much appreiate MJR and its members. As a vendor I do not over post items that are everyday stuff but true Specials for members, to make it worth while as my Rock Hard Roll cage Specials for 10% over cost plus free shipping when I get a group buy.
          So I pass on the savings to them as a thank you for the other inquirys and sales from members.

So I am just spreading the love
          2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

Thanks guys - we appreciate the love

P.s. Thank all of the 'subscribers' for supporting the site! Because of you guys, we have been able to keep all the ad craziness and superfluous vendor charges far far away.
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Sarah, you rock!

Comment

Working...
              X