Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $140,000 fj

This lovely machine could be custom built for you for the low low price of $140k; suck on that Mercedes.

Here's the link to the article on Wired. The last pic is a nice, very steep, trail near Valencia; one accomplished by my stocker so I know this thing is way over built.

http://www.wired.com/reviews/2011/06...etcher&pid=892
    USMC F&AM

I read about those once. I wanted to not like them lol. it turns out they are well built with all new parts. I figured they were just frame up resto's but even the frames are custom built. I wont be buying one. maybe if i were a oil tycoon and wanted to park something next to my lambo...lol
    KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Not bad. As long as that article was, it sure didn't say much. In the photo gallery there's a drawing of an old bronco labeled " fj44-f9".
      I would have liked to see exactly what motor not "Corvette V-8's" or a "Caterpillar earth-mover-sourced wheel" for a steering wheel.
      I like the effort and engineering that went into it, he just needed someone else to write the article.

Here's something I found by the LA times

Icon FJ44 details
      December 02, 2010

Base price: $140,000

Price as tested: $180,000

Powertrain: Electronic fuel injection, 5.3-liter General Motors LS series V-8, five-speed manual transmission, part-time four-wheel drive
      Last edited by Zoobi; 06-19-11, 09:58 AM.
      Come to the dark side.....
      We have Cookies!

Comment

I thought the same thing... The writer obviously was not a wheeler, but a writer.
        USMC F&AM

Comment

A lot of writers are just that - writers. They take a job and put words together to a point that they communicate the story enough for laymen to understand. I knew a guy who's wife was a freelance writer. She wrote a book about raising and breeding a specific bird. The only bird in their house was chicken in the fridge. She just mushed a few other books together and became an expert. Read this article and you'll get the sense the same thing happened.
          God forgives, rocks don't
          -sons of thunder

Comment

pretty cool. very niche... Personally I'd take a very well built LJ, TJ, JK... A nice fishing boat, and some left over cash to play with.
            1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

If I put a SBC & 5-speed in my '63 FJ-45 or my '73 FJ-40 I'd have almost the same thing, only payed for.
              All slow and no show

Comment

If I had $140,000 for something like this, oh wait... I'm married.
                God forgives, rocks don't
                -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
                  If I had $140,000 for something like this, oh wait... I'm married.

Cheers, my build seems to have been sidetracked for an engagement ring... And it begins.
                  USMC F&AM

Comment

Working...
                  X