Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KQTE is on the air!!!

Well after 6 years of red tape and paperwork AM Radio station, KQTE 1450 is on the air and transmitting from Helendale to hit the whole high desert! You can get pretty good signal during the day, but with only 250W the skywave really kills us when the sun goes down. But you can hear some nice music and local news & weater, plus my Father-in-law is now doing a morning show from 6:30am to 9am, the Chuck Love show, and my wife will soon have a noon to 2 show ... I was on the air Sunday, trying my voice at it and getting myself used to being "on the air."

We have been trying to slowly become the kings of all media, publishing the Shopper News, Silver Lakes Ledger, Spring valley lakes 'Shootin' the Breeze' and now AM1450.

You can listen to us streaming live @ KQTE.com if you like.
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Wow. Congrats Jesse. Don't think I'll pick it up down here in the OC.
    Check out .

Comment

Very cool Jesse! I've always wanted to do a radio show.
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
        Wow. Congrats Jesse. Don't think I'll pick it up down here in the OC.
        Chuck, 250 watts doesn't reach very far over the air, but I'm picking it up fine here in Tallinn, Estonia (over the internet).
        If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
        KI6MLU

Comment

We just put a Droid app on the 'site, so you can download it free to your Droid device and listen to 1450AM anywhere you go! we are working on an app for the iPhone and iPad as well... The signal is good during the day, it goes from Helendale almost to Baker, goes all the way to the Cajone pass, California city, Hesperia... it covers more than we thought it would @250W.... right now we don't have very many commercials, so it's mostly music.

Thanks for checking it out!
          :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Working...
          X