Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, unleash the outrage! I called and spoke with Gary Springfield just before the show. He sounded as if he had several requests. Thank you all. He told me that his program list was booked up. HE HAD TWO MONTHS IN ADVANCE TO SET THIS UP!
    The fireworks show itself was dismal. After eleven minutes of fireworks, we could see the headlights of vehicles driving down Mt. Rubidoux. No more fireworks... The music continued for eleven more minutes. This was supposed to be timed or coreographed to the music. Apparently the guy pulling the trigger had too much coffee.
    This was paid for out of city funds = taxpayer money. The day was set aside to honor sacrifices made to have a free country. One song to honor the country. Too much to ask, but they were happy to blast Katy Perry. I guess patriotism ain't cool enough.
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Comment

If it's the city sponsoring the event, then perhaps those are the people to complain to. Hey you think it's bad now, wait until you see The 4th fireworks music alternating between Norteno (Mexican polka) and gangster rap. "Then sudden destruction shall come." Or at least we can hope.
      holes = cowbell

Comment

Already emailed my ward council member, the Mayor and the Program Director at KOLA. If this matters to anyone else, I suggest doing the same. Thanks to those who contributed.
        -sons of thunder

Comment

Either post or PM me the e-mail addresses. I will send them from my Military e-mail and see if that helps any. It does really upset me that on a Holiday designed to Honor our Nation that we can't play the National Anthem. Then again I am also upset that it is illegal for us to celebrate ourselves with our own fireworks.

Comment

http://www.pyrospectaculars.com/cont...ctaculars.html These are the real guys to talk to. They arrange the music.
            gary@kolafm.com This is to the program director at KOLA. He was very helpful in communicating OUR cause to the deaf ears at Pyrospectaculars. I was very disappointed though, that I spoke directly to him on the 4th and he had already set the playlist for the night - NOT including the Star Spangled Banner. I had personally requested this of him two months ago.
            I ask all Active Duty, Reserve and Veterans to communicate the importance of this great song to each of these groups. What does the National Anthem mean to you?
            As I grew up, there was no question even before the age of ten that I would serve. Every time I heard "O, say does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave, O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?" I was personally being asked, what am I willing to do to keep that flag in the air and the country that it represents alive and free. God bless
            -sons of thunder

Comment

Sent. Will hope to hear it next year and i am requesting all members in the local units under my BN e-mail in also. I know a few of us had sent in before the 4th.

Comment

Thank you. Gary assured me that it WILL be part of next year's show. Hopefully we can convince them that it should be the start of EVERY Independence Day celebration.
                -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
                  [url]"O, say does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave, O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?"
                  That's the part where I get serious goose bumps.
                  Last edited by inVERt'D; 07-06-11, 08:59 PM. Reason: spelling
                  holes = cowbell

Comment

WE DID IT!!! Thanks to all who contributed last year. I listened as they were doing the introduction to the show last night and noticed that they were playing Neil Ciamond "Coming to America" in the background. I thought it would be more of the same and then it started, "Oh say, can you see?..." It wouldn't have happened without your help. Thank you!

I have one more request. Please take a minute to contact Gary Springfield, Production Manager of KOLA 99.9FM and thank him for his support of getting our national anthem played to honor our country. His email address is gary@kolafm.com . Also, please contact Pyro Spectaculars by Souza to show support for having our national anthem lead in their presentation and encourage them to keep it this way. Their website www.pyrospectaculars.com seems to be down, but their number is (909) 822-6389
                    In the most Reaganesque way, My fellow Americans, you made this happen, I salute you.
                    Last edited by 6spdYJ; 07-05-12, 09:07 AM.
                    -sons of thunder

Comment

Working...
                    X