Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tsunami advisory for Socal

I am still awake - I can't get my eyes of the tv footage of the tsunamis messin' everything up in Japan. And now it's headed for my beloved Hawaii! And may have minimal impact on the socal coast.

Stay safe and pray for those affected.

http://wcatwc.arh.noaa.gov/
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

I was awake most of the night watching it. Fox News had some great live feed. At day break, I switched to LA Ch 7. They "sanitized" the footage leaving out the most dramatic (and tragic) footage of the tsunami.

To watch the tsunami as it was happing was unbelievble. What total destruction of such a wide area. All the lives lost before my eyes, all the property destruction, so heart wrenching. Japan is the most prepared country in the world for earthquakes, but how do you prepare for a tsunami??
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

I'll go check out the crazy surfers trying to ride our small tsunami waves. Our thoughts are with the people of Japan, what a mess!
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Apparently, when the tsunami hit SoCal, it did not result in big breakers. Instead, it caused huge surges in the harbors and marinas as the water flowed in and flowed out. I saw pictures on CNN of the destruction in the Santa Cruz marina, and I heard on the news that the dock area in the Crescent City harbor was destroyed. The USGS predicts that the water surges will last ten more hours.
        Last edited by Russ Chung; 03-11-11, 11:53 AM.
        If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
        KI6MLU

Comment

I am listening to the WIN system and they said the swells are heading towards Socal.

Comment

My company has a division in Japan. Busch Japan is in Hiratsuka about 50km south of Tokyo and about 500km from the epicenter. It got leveled from what we are hearing but no loss of life so far. A few of the employees there live North of Tokyo and lost everything. They are in shelters right now.
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Wow , what a mess is right..As alot of you have said lets keep those folks in our prayers...Hell we,ll get ours someday and we,ll needed prayed for!!
              "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Yikes. Everyone got your IOSAT pills!? j/k. Don't buy them, you won't need them.

Comment

Working...
                X