Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep Insurance

So, with spring right around the corner (hopefully), I called my insurance agent to let him know about the recently acquired LJ so that I can have a little fun with it. I also mentioned that the LJ is not stock and asked if I could insure it for an agreed upon value. After checking into it, he called me back and said that Allstate won't and that they will only cover a maximum of $1,000 in aftermarket parts.

Obviously, that will not work out for the TJ, much less the LJ. I'd like to insure them for an agreed upon replacement value, but not sure who to check with besides Grundy and Hagerty.

So, what do y'all do for insurance to make sure you don't get the shaft if your rig is stolen?
    [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

I don't know if its helpful to you but I use USAA and they do agreed value insurance.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

I am not military so USAA won't work, but thanks for the reply.
      [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

I have farmers ins and they do it for me.
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

I have AAA (AutoClub) and made them take photos of Jeep with all the stuff on it, and I provided a list of upgrades and modifications. With that info, it is considered to be insured for full replacement value, minus whatever 'wear' they prorate it at. Probably a lot, but not sure.

Also, any damage that occurs off roading is covered, as long as I was not in a competition.
          Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
          Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
          HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Also with AAA (25yrs)

Did the same as Mr Woods, however my winch was added to my homeowners policy (farm equipment).
            Jeep

Comment

Working...
            X