Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obtaining A Cal Salvage Title

Does anyone have experience with this? I bought my YJ from a friend who had lost the title in a move. We've been waiting on the Cal and Nevada DMVs to figure things out but I still haven't received a title and it's been about 6 months now.

I guess I'm hoping to hear that someone else had a similar situation and was able to get a salvage title. We all know we don't sell our Jeeps later down the road, we just build em bigger

Thanks in advance, the Cal DMV site has been useless in my research.
    USMC F&AM

Pick up the phone. Is is titled in Nevada or CA??? Call the DMV where it is titled and ask how to get another title. It usually is pretty simple to do.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

I tried that route with a certified letter to the Nevada DMV, twice. They sign for it then it disappears.
      USMC F&AM

Comment

Can your friend go to Nevada dmv for ya?

Comment

Is the vehicle titles in NV??? Sounds like your buddy is pulling a fast one on you. Getting a replacement title is not difficult.
          1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

He lives here in Huntington with me. He's the last registered owner of it too. The story is basically this:
            Jeep moves from Tahoe to San Diego
            Jeep gets drove in San Diego, then Nevada plates expire
            Jeep gets impounded with Neveda plates 2 years expired and no Cal plates ever issued.
            Jeep costs $564 for Cal registration (2.5 years worth) plus impound fee.
            Jeep gets towed home (buddy's home in San Diego) then brought up to HB
            One year later I buy Jeep for (currently $1200) a good deal. Title is lost in all the shuffle and hasn't been found... I did just learn that he's having the title mailed to his house in San Diego which he rents to his mother so maybe that's been the delay.
            USMC F&AM

Comment

Working...
            X