Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take care of yourselves

Hi all, my dad passed away this morning from cancer on his liver that had metastacized from colon cancer. He accepted the Lord before passing, so all is good. Not fun, but good. The reason I want to share this with all of you is to encourage you to take care of yourselves so your family doesn't have to deal with this as early in life as we did. Take care.
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Sorry for your losss my payers are with you and your family.
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Go in peace.
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

My deepest condolences for your loss. Your father's death and the recent death of David Nelson (of the Ozzie & Harriet TV show) remind me that my colonoscopy is w-a-a-a-y overdue....
        If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
        KI6MLU

Comment

His last one was clear, and the one last January - they couldn't get the scope past the tumor. They pulled out half of his colon that day. Once they found the cancer on his liver, it was on both major lobes. They did chemo, direct radiation and direct chemo. This stuff is extremely aggressive. He barely got one year past finding the tumor. It was his birthday yesterday. 67 years and a few hours is not long enough. It hurt to see him go down so fast, but knowing he is in heaven, I couldn't have hoped for better. Please use this experience to ensure your family has as much life with you as possible. I can't help him any more here, but I can honor his life by reminding others. Thanks and take care.
          -sons of thunder

Comment

He's in a better place. And, in Heaven, you never break down on the trail.

Comment

My condolences Ted

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss. I know you are comforted by your faith and the fact that your Dad made peace with God before his passing.

"to be absent from the body is to be present with the LORD" - Apostle Paul
                SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                MJR moderator
                MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

Thanks all, Roger, you hit the nail on the head. There has been and will be pain, but the knowledge of my dad being with the Lord makes it good. That's how I can smile and even laugh with my family. My wish in this thread is that the good folks here will use our experience to be on guard against medical problems and to catch stuff early to be able have as much time on earth with their loved ones as possible. Thanks again.
                  -sons of thunder

Comment

My condolences to you and your family. I know how hard it can be, but having close family and friends will help the pain. My dad also lost his life to cancer way too young. He was 60 years young and died on my 19th birthday. He had melanoma that spread to his brain. Fought it for about 5 years including radiation, chemo, interfeuron (sp?), and even brain surgery. He didn't get some moles checked that turned out to be cancerous. Things get better with time, although even still, rarely does a day go by I don't think about him!
                    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Making an appointment today. Thanks for the encouragement.
                      Those left standing
                      Will make millions
                      Writing books on ways
                      It should have been
                      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Sorry to hear about your lose, but as many others have said he's in a better place now.
                        USMC F&AM

Comment

Working...
                        X