Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The wrangler wave

I just moved to california and I noticed that very few people driving wranglers wave at passing wranglers.
    I was living in Oregon for the past 3 years and it seems that every wrangler driver waves, and it doesnt matter if its a CJ, YJ, TJ OR A JK.

What has happened to the friendly wrangler wave here in California????????????

It is here. We wave as much as anyone. I have never had a problem with waving.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]In my neck of the woods, you find often that the wave has been reduced to a simple raising of the fingers on top of the steering wheel. Our roads out here in the desert aren't good, you risk an unintentional lane change or shooting off into the desert if you take a hand off the wheel.

Areas like Big Bear I tend to let it slide, there are just too many rigs to wave at.[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

I agree with the OP, moving from NH/VT if you saw a wrangler, they were waving. But in LA, just about nothing, at Edwards AFB, I usually get a wave from those guys, but they are normally not from the area, so they know the deal.

Comment

Seems that the older jeeps wave more than the newer ones. And the more modified ones wave more than the stock ones.

I don't even wave at the 2wd JK's anymore. Those folks are posers.

Comment

well generally speaking, and it may be biased, but I wave to mildly to crazy built jeeps. If your a stock jeep on stock everything, you dont get a wave. It's an appreciation for those who put time, energy, money and usually blood into their builds. Some overly accessorized jeep with steel horse chrome bumpers and 10 kc lights wont get a wave either.

And just because you buy a rubi doesnt necessarily mean you get a wave (bring on the arguments), but it gets you pretty close!
            1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

u guys are nuts. everytime i see a wrangler i think "parts"

Comment

Eh, I will wave at enthusiasts, but that is a small percentage of Jeep vehicles on the road.
                An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by 2blk2drs View Post
                  Eh, I will wave at enthusiasts, but that is a small percentage of Jeep vehicles on the road.
                  x2. If your Jeep is cool. Then I wave. 2WD JK's, not so much.
                  Those left standing
                  Will make millions
                  Writing books on ways
                  It should have been
                  -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

I'll wave even if its stock and painted with that natural brown color called MUD

Comment

I think it also depends on where ya live ..Here in the beautiful San Fernando Valley when they do wave the usally have a gun in their hand..lol..kidding but the wave seems to have fadded a bit about 1 in 5 jeeps wave back to me..
                      "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

I see a Jeep,I wave.It's reflex to me,besides I love the look on Rogers face when I'm in my Dodge and wave,"Who the hell is................
                        Dennis and Tammy
                        Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

I wave at every Jeep. I usually forget and wave when I'm in my truck too.
                          I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep the "Change".

Comment

I live by the beach. I couldnt wave at EVERYONE. I'd get carpal tunnel syndrome (again).

The way I see it. If the owner uses it to get groceries or to skirt around town or commute, they dont get a wave. And it's dead obvious who these people are. a beat up, fadded 91 yj with rusty springs and head light covers from steel horse and nerf bars from 1988... they dont get a wave.

Going to big bear or the desert, I wave at EVERY jeep.

Comment

I will wave at most Jeeps. If a Jeeper waves first he gets a wave back for sure. GP4PLAY did get me! I'm trying to figure out why a guy in a truck is waving at me! I have a 'myjeeprocks.com' decal on my truck. I wonder if I'll ever get a wave from a Jeeper??
                              SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                              MJR moderator
                              MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                              Jeep Patrol Leader
                              Reforestation Supervisor
                              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                              Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
                              X