Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next time you see my Jeep I won't be in it.

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next time you see my Jeep I won't be in it.

Its official. I sold the YJ today. I had a lot of fun with it but its time. I bought a little commuter car. I needed to get rid of the Jeep to free up some space, time, and money so I can get started on my old Chevy pickup. My old Chevy is going to be half Jeep when it is done. Its going to have a carbureted Jeep 4.0L with a NV4500 and Ford 8.8 rear end. I am expecting to take 2-3 years to build this. Maybe when it is done I will have some time for an LJ. But for now all I have time for is sanding. Lots and lots of sanding. This thing has three layers of paint on it. I will be sticking around MJR still. I still want to work with Adopt-A-Trail.

Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

from the picture the truck looks like its in decent shape, why 2-3 years to finish. and didnt u read the forum rules. no non jeep owners. nice knowing ya scott. post up better pics of ur truck. oh and kurt seems to be the guy to call for paint.

Comment

It will take me 2-3 years to allocate enough time and money to finish this. My boy is a year old and my house is 20 years old. They tend to take whatever time I have. But if I am not wrenching on the Jeep I should have time to play with this its going to be a lot of fun. Maybe as much fun as a Jeep. =)
      Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

were going to have to call that build "the birth of frankentruck" its gonna have all kinds of misc parts, ford chevy chrysler

Comment

An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

............................................______ __
            ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
            .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
            .........................,/...............................................":,
            .....................,?........................... ...........................\,
            .................../.................................................. .........,}
            ................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
            .............../.................................................. .,:"........./
            ..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
            ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
            .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
            ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
            ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
            ...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`..... }............../
            ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
            ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
            .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
            ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
            .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
            ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
            ................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__
            .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
            ........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\
            ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`
            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
              ............................................______ __
              ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
              .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
              .........................,/...............................................":,
              .....................,?........................... ...........................\,
              .................../.................................................. .........,}
              ................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
              .............../.................................................. .,:"........./
              ..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
              ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
              .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
              ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
              ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
              ...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`..... }............../
              ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
              ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
              .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
              ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
              .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
              ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
              ................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__
              .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
              ........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\
              ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`
              Dude, you have WAY too much time on your hands...
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

no kidding. with that talent you should have a booth on the Venice beach board walk. Maybe sell some medicinal too.
                1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

I can't take credit for that. I have better things to do than draw those... although there are some cool tools that make it easier (libaa/jp2a/etc.)

I'll let you guys in on a little secret for future reference: http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=facepalm+ascii
                  If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Boo

i didnt realize you could sell a jeep.. with out buyin another one... huh...
                    [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
                    PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

Originally posted by LEADFOOTjosh View Post
                      i didnt realize you could sell a jeep.. with out buyin another one... huh...
                      Quite a concept to wrap yourself around huh Josh?
                      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                      X