Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me here. I got a tire problem

I've been buying some tires from America's tire that look much like a BFG T/A.

I bought 2 back in june.

I'm going to need 2 more soon.

The tires are now discontinued.

I don't want a mis-matched set of tires on my Jeep.

America's tire won't budge on the price of 2 or 4 tires. I was hoping that they would give me a deal since I would either have 2 different types of tires or I would need to buy 4 new ones that match.

I paid extra for the road hazzard but since the tires are no longer available thats no help.

I've always heard about how helpfull they are but I'm not seeing that from them now. I don't expect 4 free tires but I was hoping for a break on the price or maybe free road hazzard or balancing if I bought 4 new ones. Something along that line anyway.

If I buy more tires from them I'm paying full price.

I'm really disapointed in the whole situation. I'm considering never shopping there again over this. Personally I feel like I'm being burned by them.

Am I expecting too much from them?

Thoughts?

Why do you need 2 tires and not 4??? Bad alignment???
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

In the past I ruined a couple here and there. They got replaced with new ones. 2 have not been replaced and they are now getting thin.

Comment

Go with BFG's and when you want more they will be there.
        I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep the "Change".

Comment

Buy two BFGs. And in a month or two maybe you get a sidewall puncture in one of your knock off tires. No worries you paid for the road hazard warranty. Then since they are unavailable they should either buy you a BFG or let you pay the difference. At that time I would be asking for two because you will have one unmatched tire. If they won't help you out. Maybe next month that last unmatched tire gets a sidewall puncture too. You never know, people drop furniture on the freeway all the time.
          Those left standing
          Will make millions
          Writing books on ways
          It should have been
          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
            Buy two BFGs. And in a month or two maybe you get a sidewall puncture in one of your knock off tires. No worries you paid for the road hazard warranty. Then since they are unavailable they should either buy you a BFG or let you pay the difference. At that time I would be asking for two because you will have one unmatched tire. If they won't help you out. Maybe next month that last unmatched tire gets a sidewall puncture too. You never know, people drop furniture on the freeway all the time.
            Yikes! I don't think that the right thing to do. I definatly believe in Karma.

Sabatoging the tires would get me problems with the BGF's for sure.

Comment

Chris,
              Try searching on line for the tires. There may be some sitting on a shelf somewhere. You can have them mounted at any local independent tire shop. Like the one In the Village of Apple Valley
              SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
              MJR moderator
              MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

I quit americas tire/discount tire they suck, their customer service is crap and they dont stock the size tires I need even though I paid extra for the road hazard yadda yadda it doesnt do much good to me when I have a bad tire and they need 2 weeks to order a replacement tire because they dont stock the 35's I bought from them. they sure as hell had them in stock when I bought them! no problem there... just when I need warrenty work they dont have them. I should have gone in there to "buy" a new set first, and then after they said they had them I would have them in a spot!

The answer? Town & Country tire. make the switch and never look back.
                :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

I went to another Americas tire and got treated fairly.

The tires I'm running are discontinued. But this guy was able to search other stores and found some. They were a day away but still available.

I don't think The guy at the other store searched at all. He just wanted to sell me whatever they were told to sell and nothing else.

The guy at the 2nd store showed me some other tires. I really wanted the BFG's but I thought they were out of my price range.

I looked at some Falken Rocky Mountain tires and was considering those but I then asked about the BFG's.

He immediatly dropped the price of the BFG's!

Then for fun I asked about the 6 months no interest thing they are pushing.

I qualified for that so I went ahead and got the BFG's (2 of them) with the road hazzard with no $ down.

I have 6 months to pay off $395! Thats only $66 a month plus if I don't screw this up it will improve my credit score.

I'm very happy with the outcome and I wont be returning to the 1st store ..........ever.

Comment

Congrats. I'm really glad it all worked out for you, good to hear.
                    I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep the "Change".

Comment

Working...
                    X