Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New shop tool

Well she finally arrived... And after a few hours of what does this do and trying to read the manual for the plasma cutter we have success!

Still learning how to program lead-ins and outs
    Head nut at Outdoorlogic
    Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
    www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

[COLOR="Sienna"]VERY cool.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Nice! Hurry up and design the Outdoor Logic logo. I want it on my tube doors that Im gonna have you guys build...
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

That is a sweet, but expensive looking toy.
        I am sure it will make you quite a bit of money in the long run and save tons of time while cutting stuff

Comment

ooooooohhh me like.

Comment

:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Nice dude... I have had one of those on my XMAS list for years..

wish I had room for one...
            (maybe one day)

...lfjosh
            [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
            PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

Very cool! What brand of table is it? I have a Torchmate 3 5x10 with the Thermal Dynamics A120 plasma, auto voltage height control, OXY, plate marker (engraver) and laser cross hair attachments. Everything is cool, but those laser cross hairs really save me some time lining up the torch!

On the lead ins:
              I typically use the radius of the circle as the lead in. So if I'm cutting a .25" circle, I'll use a .125 lead in. .5" and higher I'll go .25". Not really any point to going larger; just cutting more material. But the longer the lead in, the better the chance of stabilizing the torch before it starts cutting what you want to keep As well, you won't get those little 'divits' in your circles like you have. And pretty much always use a 90* lead in. It will have less effect on what you are trying to save..

Lead outs:
              I use none and the only time you should use them, is if you can keep the movement going after telling the plasma to shut off. On the TD's I don't think you can. On mine I can't. Then lead out on the line for .1-.2 seconds. It will give you a better cut if you continue moving the torch as it shuts down. Otherwise it will stop at the same time it shuts off, but it doesn't really shut off that instant and can cause a blem in the cut.

The very best thing you can buy now is a refrigerant drier. Don't mess with dessicant driers or especially seperators. They don't work well and will just use up your $'s. I've messed with mine and spent near as much money and time (time is money right?) as I would have if I would have just ponied up to a drier. I've heard great things about the HF version..... Obviously also get a good filter... Clean, dry air is key to a good cut and high consumable life.

Speaking of, pierce at twice your cut height. Like on mine, I'll cut 10ga at .120" and I'll peirce at .220". One wrong peirce can/will ruin your consumables. Something I learned the hard way... It makes it real difficult trying to dial in your cuts with bad consumables - even if they were JUST installed.

That's about all I've got. There is definately a learning curve Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to help you out.
              '04 Rubicon with all the goodies...
              Jeeperman.com
              DiffsOnly.com

Comment

Originally posted by LEADFOOTjosh View Post
                :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Nice dude... I have had one of those on my XMAS list for years..

wish I had room for one...
                (maybe one day)

...lfjosh
                Check out the Torchmate 2x2... They used to be $1995 but they just went up. I think they are still under $3k though?
                Jeeperman.com
                DiffsOnly.com

Comment

[QUOTE=waynehartwig;178557]Very cool! What brand of table is it? I have a Torchmate 3 5x10 with the Thermal Dynamics A120 plasma, auto voltage height control, OXY, plate marker (engraver) and laser cross hair attachments. Everything is cool, but those laser cross hairs really save me some time lining up the torch!

Its a LDR motion systems...
                  Height Control
                  Plate marker
                  Bladder under table add air to raise water level
                  4x8
                  With Thermal Dynamics A60

Runs off Mach3
                  Tool Paths with Sheetcam
                  Drawing with Autocad and Corel Draw

They are a small company out of NY.. I was going with Torchmate originally but this table with all the goodies was Half the cost
                  Also did this because the owner is willing to work with me in becoming his West Coast Dist,

Thanks for the tips on lead-ins and what not.... Also on the height I think I have been cutting to close
                  10 gauge .125
                  Head nut at Outdoorlogic
                  Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials

Comment

Working with LDR on a 2x2 table that will be in close to 2k

Originally posted by waynehartwig View Post
                    Check out the Torchmate 2x2... They used to be $1995 but they just went up. I think they are still under $3k though?
                    Head nut at Outdoorlogic

Comment

The very best thing you can buy now is a refrigerant drier. Don't mess with dessicant driers or especially seperators. They don't work well and will just use up your $'s. I've messed with mine and spent near as much money and time (time is money right?) as I would have if I would have just ponied up to a drier. I've heard great things about the HF version..... Obviously also get a good filter... Clean, dry air is key to a good cut and high consumable life.

I have also read about the HF ones....Pair that up with a sale and 20% off SWEET
                      Head nut at Outdoorlogic

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyrig View Post
                        I have also read about the HF ones....Pair that up with a sale and 20% off SWEET
                        You find those coupons, drop me a PM as I'd like to have them! I'd for sure buy one then!!
                        Jeeperman.com
                        DiffsOnly.com

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyrig View Post
                          Working with LDR on a 2x2 table that will be in close to 2k
                          what does the 4x8 loaded up like yours run??
                          how about shippin that bad boy across the country..

Lookin at gettin one after I pry myself out of the backyard work shop to more floor space..

PM.. me the details...

thanks josh..
                          [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
                          PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

Working...
                          X