Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to get web space?

just like the title says.. where can i get web space for a fair price? i want a place to keep massive amounts of pictures mostly, and other files. i am very new to ftp, and could probably figure out the front page program to upload the pics... i just want someplace i can put this stuff, and remote link pictures, and other files i wish to share.
    there are lots of places offering web space, but i dont know one from the next....
    any suggestions?
    i want a lot of storage. [limitless?]
    i also want a lot of bandwidth. [limitless?]
    i dont want to spend too much money. :p
    do you have any suggestions?
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

does anyone know anything about this place?
    http://www.hostrelief.com/web-hosting.htm
    i am waiting to hear from them on bandwidth. this might be the one.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Well.. you need to consider other options as well. What else will you be doing with this? You could install a nice photo gallery to display your photos. Most of those applications are PHP based and run MUCH better on Linux/BSD/OSX type systems.

You could probably call any ISPs in the area and find out what kind of options they have available. On another note, I know someone who is using RackSpace (www.rackspace.com) with no problems. I don't know what their rates are and I think they are located in TX. Exodus is a popular hosting company in the SoCal area. Slashdot (slashdot.org) uses them, so I know they have a great backbone.

Just a few ideas.
      Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Working...
      X