Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air bag fun or things to do with an air bag

I guess even the worker's paradise has it's idots...

http://www.break.com/index/awesome-r...rbag-explosion
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

That's a riot!

On a sadder note, a member of my large, extended family was recently killed by the airbag in her Toyota. Something about the bag shredding, getting shot down her throat, and suffocating her. Safety my @$$.
    holes = cowbell

Comment

Dave, I'm sorry to read that. Has anyone seen any stastics on the use of air bags? Are they saving lives? Are the injuries they cause worth the use of them?
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Ive been to quite a number of airbag related classes (28 years working for GM). At one of them we were shown a picture of a guys knees. The idiot stood on an airbag to see how high it would throw him. He didn't go up, his knees blew apart. He tried to sue the shop because no one told him it was dangerous. I think he should have been charged for the IQ test.

As for the good versus bad part, they do save more lives than take. Its too bad their not perfect and people still get hurt. It would be nice if someone would come up with a better way. Ive detonated hundreds of the things so we could dispose of or send the bag to gm. I would never want one going off in my face.

One of my customers had a "hat pin" collection on the dash including covering the passenger air bag.... Can you say "shotgun"?
        Last edited by Zoobi; 09-05-10, 09:15 AM.
        Come to the dark side.....
        We have Cookies!

Comment

What do you mean "his knees blew apart?" Did it blow off his legs at the knees, or just screw his knees up? I know kids and babies have been decapitated by these things, but the force of a crash can do that too.

Better way? they don't use airbags in NASCAR, do they?
          Last edited by inVERt'D; 09-05-10, 03:51 PM. Reason: Punctuation
          holes = cowbell

Comment

Without really breaking the skin....smash the bones together real hard. One side looked like the lower leg bone slightly overlapped the upper bone (don't remember the names). Looked real painful either way.
            Come to the dark side.....
            We have Cookies!

Comment

That looks painfull, notice they all have some booze nearby to improve their IQ. Sure knocked the sense out of him

Comment

Originally posted by Zoobi View Post
                Without really breaking the skin....smash the bones together real hard. One side looked like the lower leg bone slightly overlapped the upper bone (don't remember the names). Looked real painful either way.
                That's good to know--I'll try to remember not to do that!
                holes = cowbell

Comment

i had no idea they were that powerful. thats alot of force to lift a man like that
                  KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

that was great.

Comment

Working...
                    X