Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silverwood Lake ticks

We were at Silverwood Lake today to burn some energy out of the dogs. Out on the beach, I found a tick on my hand. We decided before we left to check ourselves and the dogs. One dog had three and I had two. After we were home, I found one on the other dog and my wife found one in her hair. Pesky little things! I've been searching for what type of ticks they are. The best information was on this link http://www.sbnfa.com/documents/OHVNewsletterJul2007.pdf It was at the bottom. Pretty good info. Just want to share. Be safe!
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

The last two years have been real bad for ticks out here in Anza, and this year has been much worse than last. This year I have pulled hundreds of ticks off of my dogs, and there seems to be no end in sight...until it gets freezing cold, anyway. On the worst days I have probably taken 100 or more ticks off of a single dog. I have 3. Part of my motivation is that early in the season, my dog Bo started foaming at the mouth and was having trouble swallowing. Seems it was the onset of tick paralysis, which can be fatal if not dealt with.
    holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
    X