Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Creek,Sierra NF

Went on Vacation last week up to Rock Creek,just past North Fork(Claims to be the center of Calif.),with the family,Sister and Bro-inlaw and an extra kid.Thats 4 adults,4 boys,and 5 dogs,the cats stayed home thank God.The weather up the was a cool 80-85*F,the water and fishing was great.The Boys started catching 12" Rainbows soon as they dropped a hook.It took 7.5hr's to drive up there in the motorhome pulling the CJ5 but it was well worth it.
    The crew

camp

This is at the top of what we call the slide

jumping from the ledge

Tammy showing us how not to come up the rope

Yes,she's laughing so hard she couldn't get on her feet.
    Last edited by GP4Play; 08-06-10, 03:14 PM.
    Dennis and Tammy
    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

More shots of the creek,we spent most of our time there.

Going home
    Dennis and Tammy

Comment

WOW! Just added this to bucket list. Thanks for sharing.
      Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Look's like a great place to visit.
        Pictures of fish or I call BS. :wink:

Comment

Dennis! Great pictures! and what a fantastic location!
          Regards,
          Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

Love that place.

Comment

Dennis,

Thanks for the great pictures. Looks worth a 7 hour drive to me. Maybe we could have a meet and greet there! Very cool.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                Look's like a great place to visit.
                Pictures of fish or I call BS. :wink:
                Jason,you are so hard to please.Ok,here's a pic of just of one of 4 we hung on to

They caught so many they gave 2/3rds of them away.My mother inlaw took 10 home.
                Last edited by GP4Play; 08-06-10, 10:24 PM.
                Dennis and Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                  Dennis,

Thanks for the great pictures. Looks worth a 7 hour drive to me. Maybe we could have a meet and greet there! Very cool.

Mitch
                  Hell yeah,lot of great trails up there.
                  Dennis and Tammy

Comment

There are alot of trails up there. Wish we had someone else to jeep with. Didn't want to go out by ourselfs. Saftey first. Maybe next year we can set something up.

Comment

Slide rock is a blast. It looks like you were there early or on a slow day, usually by noon it's pretty busy. If you head up Peppermint from there you pass some nice falls and come out near Ponderosa, nice place for lunch and a cold drink. Great pics!

Comment

Originally posted by calkid View Post
                        Slide rock is a blast. It looks like you were there early or on a slow day, usually by noon it's pretty busy. If you head up Peppermint from there you pass some nice falls and come out near Ponderosa, nice place for lunch and a cold drink. Great pics!
                        calkid,are you talking about the Eastern side of the Sierra's?I don't reconize those two places you mentioned.We went on the west side just past Fresno,Madera just south of Yosemite park.Any info on the East side you have would be cool cause we always wanted to check out that area to.Anyone that wants more info about this area let me know.
                        Dennis and Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                          WOW! Just added this to bucket list. Thanks for sharing.
                          x2, looks really nice
                          censored for having an opinion

Comment

My mistake, I didn't realize there was another slide rock close by. The one we go to is above the Kern River forks out of Kernville, on the way to 100 Giants. Guess I need to go farther north and check out where you were. Looks like a beautiful place to relax.

Comment

Originally posted by calkid View Post
                              My mistake, I didn't realize there was another slide rock close by. The one we go to is above the Kern River forks out of Kernville, on the way to 100 Giants. Guess I need to go farther north and check out where you were. Looks like a beautiful place to relax.
                              It's great up there.Now I want to check out your place to!
                              Dennis and Tammy

Comment

Working...
                              X