Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Plumbing help

Ok so i am in need of some plumbing help. i have a full bath room in my shop and it seems that the drain is plugged. When you flush the toilet it drains into the shower i bought a snake and we soent a good part of the day fishing it down the clean out for the drain and still no luck. i dont personally know any plumbers so i really dont know where to begin. any ideas how to unclog a drain......... If someone is local and would like to stop by ill be around this weekend
    [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

depending on how old the lines are you may have to have a Router Rooter job done....if it's backing up into the shower it's a solid plug..........

Comment

Scott,

You have a pretty solid plug.

Do you have any really nice looking trees or big bushes near the shop that you don't water? Roots may have found their way into the piping.

Look for a clean-out outside the shop or in a wall near the bathroom. Snakes work better going through a clean-out rather than a fixture.

Red Devil lye may do it if it's not tree roots. Read the directions carefully. I don't know how available it is in the Victor Valley. The market in Lucerne Valley carries it. Don't waste your time with Draino or Liquid Plumber. It's a watered down version.

Another trick is to run a garden hose running full strength down a clean-out. Just keep pushing it down the piping. 60 psi+ water pressue can force the clog on through. You'll want to wash the hose when you are done.

There is a product that you can put down the drain that will kill any roots and dissolve them,but it will likely kill the tree also.

I hope this helps, let us know how it turns out.

Roger
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Which snake did you get? Does it have the bulb on the end? If you got one of the small ones they are generally for sink drains.

If you can change the tip I would get one of these

Also when you pulled the cable out was the tip shiny? If it was you may have a broken line. Give me call if you need.
        Check out .

Comment

Ok well I found the problem. Apparently the guy did not stick to the approved plans when the shop was built lol. I went and rented a 100ft power auger from Home Depot and shortly found my issue, he never hooked it to a septic grrrrr. So now it looks like ill be saving my pennies for a septic for the shop......

Comment

Originally posted by dr.dirty View Post
            Ok well I found the problem. Apparently the guy did not stick to the approved plans when the shop was built lol. I went and rented a 100ft power auger from Home Depot and shortly found my issue, he never hooked it to a septic grrrrr. So now it looks like ill be saving my pennies for a septic for the shop......
            The previous owner is responsible. It might be more trouble than it is worth though to drag it through the courts which is what most people count on.
            Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
              The previous owner is responsible. It might be more trouble than it is worth though to drag it through the courts which is what most people count on.
              Well i was told that the shop didnt count as part of the house so the home warranty doesnt cover it. I will def have to look into it, becauase the home was a foreclosed home some guy in Long beach bought it at auction and just turned around and resold it.

Comment

Wow- That is some serious shit!
                Pun intended-

Is it a "Legal" shower in the shop? Check your permits at the city and see if it was inspected.
                What a mess.
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

My neighbor has a little shop outback and he designed a small septic system for those emergencies where he cant get to the house using 55 gallon drums.

He's got 2 of them burried and they work just like a regular septic system but smaller.

Not legal of course but good for the ocasiona emergency.

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
                    Wow- That is some serious shit!
                    Pun intended-

Is it a "Legal" shower in the shop? Check your permits at the city and see if it was inspected.
                    What a mess.
                    The whole shop was planned permitted and approved by the city, on the plans it says "Proposed Septic for the shop" So im guessing he ran out of funds and never finished it. i have searched looking for a clean out for the septic but came up empty handed

Comment

go to Osbourn in victorville and look into there plastic septic tanks . and do it yourself if you can ,may cost you a lot less than having a concrete septic installed
                      A clean jeep is the sign of a sick mind

Comment

Just buy some PVC and pipe it to the sewer....lol
                        Tony
                        1A Auto
                        CALL ME DIRECT 866-403-3393
                        1A Auto Parts Install Videos|1A Aauto Blog

Comment

im with tony have done it many times. or u can find the main drain line from the house and tap into it with a y. ur already paying for sewer service so its legal if ur not on sewer and your house is on septic then just tap into the main line that goes to the septic tank. either way its not that bad hardest part is digging. go to home depot and pick up a few mexican guys. theyll have that shit dug in no time. and every now and then u might get one that knows what hes doin.

Comment

no this wasnt a racist comment so dont get ur panties all bunched up.

Comment

Working...
                            X