Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Adventure Pass

I'm hoping to find some information about the Adventure pass stuff. Now that I bought a dirt bike, I'm looking for a pass that will allow me to park my Jeep and trailer in the different CA parks (Angeles NF, Los Padres NF, etc) without getting ticketed, but also have heard that you can get a pass that also gives you access to areas like Gorman without having to pay the daily fee. I'd rather just have one pass for all of CA vs. having to buy different passes everytime I'm in a different area. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks!
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

[COLOR="Sienna"] In for the info that comes out of this. Thought it was different passes for State Parks vs National ones. [/COLOR]
    Last edited by USMC 0369; 07-27-10, 01:09 PM.
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardino/ap/

Schmo, is your bike street plated or green sticker?
      Jeff
      OHV76V
      KG6TY
      You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"] I don't see on there if any of THESE will get you into say... Hungry Valley OHV area, which collects State fees. [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
          http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardino/ap/

Schmo, is your bike street plated or green sticker?
          Plated.

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
            [COLOR="Sienna"] I don't see on there if any of THESE will get you into say... Hungry Valley OHV area, which collects State fees. [/COLOR]
            I think it's the Interagency Annual Pass for $80.00 . . . This pass covers Standard Amenity Fees like entrance fees to the National Parks and National Wildlife Refuges and day-use fees charged at National Forests and Bureau of Land Management sites and areas.

Comment

State of California Park Pass

Here's a link to the State of California Park passes. Note that the pass that is good for the State Parks is not good for admission to the OHV areas (such as Hungry Valley), and vice versa.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=1049
              If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
              KI6MLU

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                Plated.
                Good. That opens a lot more of the mountain to you
                Jeff
                OHV76V
                KG6TY

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung View Post
                  Here's a link to the State of California Park passes. Note that the pass that is good for the State Parks is not good for admission to the OHV areas (such as Hungry Valley), and vice versa.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=1049
                  [COLOR="Sienna"] So in summary: You need one pass for all the National Parks, Forests, etc... Another pass for the State Parks... and yet another for State OHV areas that charge a fee?

I like to summarize when able.:thumbs_up[/COLOR]

Comment

The "America the Beautiful" (successor to the Golden Eagle) works in all of them I believe. I know it works in National Parks and National Forests
                    Jeff
                    OHV76V
                    KG6TY

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
                      The "America the Beautiful" (successor to the Golden Eagle) works in all of them I believe. I know it works in National Parks and National Forests
                      [COLOR="Sienna"] Further research is needed.... [superhero voice] TO THE INTERWEBS!!! [/voice] [/COLOR]

Comment

Just for your info

If you have a handicap placcard or registered perm hadicap you can get a free lifelong pass from the Feds and a 5 dollar annual pass from the state.
                        censored for having an opinion

Comment

BTW, a second Adventure Pass costs only $5 for an annual. Several years now, I have gone into Sports Authority in the Burbank Empire Center and asked specifically for a Secondary Vehicle Pass, and have only paid $5...didn't have to buy the $30 annual pass first.

Comment

I like the way you roll SAR . . . I'll have to give that a try . . . so you don't have to show pass #1 or anything? Don't get out that direction often . . . I wonder if that works at other places too.

Comment

I was prepared to tell them that I had bought the first pass the other day, and put the sticker on my Jeep...then realized I needed one for my other vehicle. But....ok, that'll be $5. Have a nice hike.

Comment

Working...
                              X