Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey people with kids.

Since I dont know anything about these odd creatures....Is it ok for an 18 month to ride in the Jeep? In a baby seat of course.

I don't drive like an idiot or anything But I don't want the kids head to break off.

Originally posted by chris142 View Post
    Since I dont know anything about these odd creatures....Is it ok for an 18 month to ride in the Jeep? In a baby seat of course.

I don't drive like an idiot or anything But I don't want the kids head to break off.
    [COLOR="Sienna"]Duct tape. Lots and lots of duct tape. Actually, I think there are special car seats for kids that little.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by chris142 View Post

My daughter was going out on trips at that age, good snug carseat and she was always ok. She actually slept through most everything at that age.
      "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

Both of mine did at 18 months
        Jeff
        OHV76V
        KG6TY
        You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

I cant find them but I remember seeing some off road child seats someware on the www. They were nice because they held the kids heads in place and had lots of lateral supports.
          Those left standing
          Will make millions
          Writing books on ways
          It should have been
          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Newborns

Ours was 6 months when we took him. We just secured his head really well with a lot of blankets. We stuck him in the middle of the back seat, just incase. He has been everywhere since and loves every minute of it. Wife was pregnant with him at the hammers. And she thought she was sick from the heat. I guess he was just born into it, literally. Mastercraft makes a child seat just like the big ones.

Comment

prp also makes a couple different size kids seats, but until they past toddler age and their neck has full strength i would suggest keeping them strapped into infant carseat that is secured.

Once they start getting around 4 or so is when kids start fitting into full comp race seats. I just have kept using various size carseats.
              "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

Both of my kids were out wheeling with me at a month old. I used ratchet straps to hold thier car seat to the seat for extra strength. Now they are teens and learning how to drive the Jeep. I would never trade these memories for anything!
                offroadwerkz.com
                (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

18 months isn't too bad. They are almost people at that age.
                  Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                  Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                  HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Working...
                  X