Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen Jeep Alert - 03 Gold Rubicon in SoCal

I'm copying this from another forum.

I've made up my mind, I'm buying lojack with early warning system for my Jeep. Too many damn Jeeps being stolen in Cali.

"Rebels,
    Our good friend Randal's Gold Jeep TJ with blue fixin's was stolen from the Laguna Hills Mall just hours ago. It has Rebel Offroad decals all over it and and is very unique. If you see or hear anything please post up!
    Cheers,
    Bond"

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

That sucks.
    I'll repost on a couple forums.
    www.inlandjeepfreeks.com

Comment

No good. There have been too many Jeeps being stolen lately.
      -Justin

Comment

man this pisses me off and scares me at the same time. Right now I am forced to use my TJ as a daily driver and I park it overnight outside at my employer's employee parking lot. I cringe every time i have to walk away from it being parked there and find myself looking back at it like it'll be the last time EVERY time i park it there.

Lets talk about GOOD to GREAT alarm systems that actually work!

I have a starter disablier in it but that doesnt stop them from simply push starting it. I pop the hood and deactivate the ignition and that right now is my only peace of mind.... kind of ghetto but it gets the job done.

I REALLY REALLY hope this jeep gets found. As we all know these vehicles are a huge part of our livelihood. #$#@#$ thieves piss me off!
        1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Besides being part of our livelihood, they're a reflection of us... Kinda like my harleys, *I* make/build them *MY* way for what suits *ME*.
          I remember when Jerry B's Jeep got stolen, didn't he own that thing for YEARS??? Them Fookers stole his memories! His creation, his brain child, his blood sweat and tears, screw the money, we can all (hopefully) make more of that, but when you take a stock mall jeep and tweak it, and twist it, bounce it off rocks, break it, fix it and make it better, that's part of YOU going into that.

Oie. Rant off, sorry.
          www.inlandjeepfreeks.com

Comment

Bastards . . . especially with the top down and tube doors I really need to start pulling the plug thing that is installed on my Jeep so they can't start it. This crap is just happening way too much around here.
            That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

SCHMO do you have the chipped key?
              Buddy has a 06LJ, tried to steal it but could not get it started because of the chipped key set-up from the factory. It really works well I understand.

I worry to and besides the chipped key system, I also have the early warning Lojack, and periodically I will start it without the key farb, and sure enough I get called, emailed, called @ work and my wife.
              Makes me feel allot better.
              06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
              07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

This is "BULL SH*T" what I,d Love to see posted on here is that jeep theive gets caught in the act..BEATIN BEYOND RECOGNITION!!! and then have a picture of a happy jeeper with a bat in his hands...WOW..I hear Anger Manegment callin..
                "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Originally posted by mrchips View Post
                  SCHMO do you have the chipped key?
                  Buddy has a 06LJ, tried to steal it but could not get it started because of the chipped key set-up from the factory. It really works well I understand.

I worry to and besides the chipped key system, I also have the early warning Lojack, and periodically I will start it without the key farb, and sure enough I get called, emailed, called @ work and my wife.
                  Makes me feel allot better.
                  I don't have the chipped key . . . but the dealership installed some disabling system that has a plug that I can remove and if so the Jeep won't start. Freaked me out a while back as I'd removed the plug and forgot . . . hopped in the Jeep turned the key and nada . . . the radio would come on but the Jeep wouldn't start. Not sure how effective it is, but boy would I feel like a schmuck if my Jeep got stolen and I hadn't removed the plug and could have prevented it.
                  That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

After mine was stolen (and luckily recovered) I had a killswitch put in. I still don't feel that it is enough though.
                    -Justin

Comment

Ive been meaning to do a kill switch for a long time. I am remnided of it every time one of these threads come up.
                      Those left standing
                      Will make millions
                      Writing books on ways
                      It should have been
                      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

when i converted to fuel injection i put in kill switches at the same time. couple months back had to replace ignition switch because there had been a screwdriver jammed in it during the middle of the night.
                        "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

that happened to me last week at work. I pull the pro-lock switch out of the jeep and carry it with me. I also pull the coil plug. Two fears though. (1) ill lose that dang switch and (2) i'll jack up my coil plug because i am constantly pulling it on and off. anyways, i went out to the jeep in the morning when i got off work and as usual i always approach it with wide eyes and caution because i'm paranoid that way. jeep was fine. i put the coil wire on and on this day i thought i put the switch under the carpet. i reach under and cant find it.. #$#$@@#$. its not on my person or in my back pack. #$@#@#@!.. i go back into work (10 minute shuttle ride) and remembered that i dropped something in the work truck the night before, so i go to the truck and sure enough my pro lock switch was kicking it on the floorboard of the truck. I seriously thought i lost it. I even tried to push start the jeep.

Anyone ever try to push start a jeep by themselves on flat ground with 35's .? not fun!~
                          1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
                            Anyone ever try to push start a jeep by themselves on flat ground with 35's .? not fun!~
                            Try it with an automatic

I wish I knew why Jeeps are such a hot ticket with the thieves. Everyone I know that parts outs out thier rigs gets pennies on the dollar. So what is the money like for these guys? I'd like to know who is buying these things; I have all kinds of Jeep parts to get rid of. Or is it just for joyrides? I remember a couple of people here have gotten thier rigs back basically intact. We need a James Bond Jeep with the 100,000 volt anti theft option. "Go ahead, grab that door handle"...
                            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                            X