Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good friend of ours

There’s a lot of new members on board. But for those of us old timers I would like to take the time to remember one of us oldies.
    I first met up with him in Truckhaven, he took a group of us through some good stuff.
    When Steve and I got through the first half of Devils we added another member, that day there was a bad winter storm. I waited at the gas station in Ocotillo for the other rigs. Steve showed up a bit late. Told me the mountains were nearly closed from snow. George pulled in shortly later.
    We headed off to Devils. In the canyon it was starting to rain. We got in about a third of the way and the canyon started to flood. We pulled out at the bridge. Rain coats and all. Don’t know how we got that far it was slippery.
    Did a couple of runs into Mexico with George, Salada and the Rumerosa. George mentioned don’t tell my wife I’m down here! His wife just recently passed away.
    Seen George a couple of years ago at TDS, he was inspecting rigs for the safety specs.
    I stopped in to see some old friends Karen and Jeffery. Karen told me George was recovering from an heart attack.
    I Contacted George by e-mail heres his reply:
    Had bypass surgery on the 19 May (5 plus a valve) and also a pacemaker. Doing fine. Still lack a little energy. Back to driving but can't go offroading for two more months.
    Off roading in 2 months ? That man is an animal….!!
    You may know him by his call sign TDS
    I wish George a speedy recovery and look forward to wheeling with him again.!!
    Last edited by Britain; 07-04-10, 12:01 AM.
    97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
    WEB site

George is good people, wish him well for all of us at MJR

Comment

George has more nuts than a lot of guys half his age. Speedy recovery George! :beer:
      holes = cowbell

Comment

George, hopefully your recovery is going well. I've only had the pleasure of wheeling with you once in Anza with David, Brian, and Scott, but from that short run I can tell you're a great person.
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Ive been out with George twice. Man can that guy wheel. Hes a welth of knolege also. Ive learned a few things. Check out this video from the first time I went out with him in Anza. At that point I had never seen a YJ flex like that.

Those left standing
          Will make millions
          Writing books on ways
          It should have been
          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

I first met George when he led a Truckhaven run in December, 2005. At the time, he had been a member of the Tierra Del Sol 4WD Club for more than 20 years, and he knew the Truckhaven Hills like the back of his hand.

Here's his picture with his rig at the MJR M&G in June, 2006:

We wish George a speedy recovery.
            If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
            KI6MLU

Comment

Best wishes George. Get well.
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I've had the pleasure of wheeling with George a couple of times. He's a great mentor for sure.

George - I'm praying for your speedy recovery. We still have a lot to learn from you.
                SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                MJR moderator
                MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

George is good people. I had the pleasure to wheel with him once. I wish you a speedy recovery.
                  Check out .

Comment

Speedy and full recovery George. Never wheeled with you but Jeeps make freinds of everybody.
                    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Thank you Britain. We will keep George in our prayers.
                      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Recovery

Thanks folks. Doing fine. 7 Weeks have gone by since my surgery. Will find out tomorrow if I'll be allowed to go off roading and when. Hopefully we will meet up again on something besides pavement and a little more serious than a fire road.
                        George

Comment

George glad to hear every thing is well. Contact me went you are ready for the BB area.
                          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Working...
                          X