Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candy Cigarette Ban

I wish this was a joke. These are my favorite! And shockingly, I have never smoked.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced today a ban on cigarettes with flavors characterizing fruit, candy, or clove. The ban, authorized by the new Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act, is part of a national effort by the FDA to reduce smoking in America. Smoking is the leading preventable cause of death in America.

The FDA's ban on candy and fruit-flavored cigarettes, effective today, highlights the importance of reducing the number of children who start to smoke, and who become addicted to dangerous tobacco products. The FDA is also examining options for regulating both menthol cigarettes and flavored tobacco products other than cigarettes.

"Almost 90 percent of adult smokers start smoking as teenagers. These flavored cigarettes are a gateway for many children and young adults to become regular smokers," said FDA Commissioner Margaret A. Hamburg, M.D. "The FDA will utilize regulatory authority to reduce the burden of illness and death caused by tobacco products to enhance our Nation's public health."
    Source
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

The ban is for flavored tobacco cigarettes, NOT the candy ones that we all loved as kids. I, personally, liked the gum ones that had the powder that flew out -simulating smoke- when you blew into them.
    "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Gosh I hope you're right! It does say "The FDA's ban on candy and fruit-flavored cigarettes."

Oh I love the gum ones too!

Comment

I hate this crap. What ever happened to being responsibe for yourself and having personal freedom to live your life. They need to control smoking, control your intake of fatty foods, make you wear a helmet if you ride a motorcycle, bike, skates, etc, make you suffer in pain with a terminal disease vs. being able to end YOUR OWN LIFE on your terms. What right do they have to control my life in such a way. If I want to smoke, be a fat fu@k, let my hair blow in the wind, or end my own life, that's my choice and I alone should be responsible for the consequences. $hit, people die, that's just the way it goes. Besides do we really need the masses living to 100 years old draining all our resources anyway??? With all this save the planet crap, we should be looking for new ways to kill off part of the out of control population, not trying to get us all to live another 10-20 years. And don't we have bigger things to deal with seeing that the economy is in the toilet, we are at war, etc, etc, etc. News flash . . . kids smoke to act out, be rebellious, look cool, etc . . . find me one teenager that smokes because they like the taste or smell . . . fruity or not. Just another example of these ass hats wasting our time and money on a bunch of worthless nonsense.
        Last edited by Schmo; 06-24-10, 12:10 PM.
        That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
          I What right do they have to control my life in such a way. .
          We gave away that right, and now we have to take it back. Vote early and often.
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

This is so lame! if kids cant get the candy cigarettes their gonna start smoking real ones! lol

Comment

Joe ..relax my bro I think yer gettin old , do ya have a B-Day coming up or something?? LOL.... So far I agree with ya,ll we gotta take it back some how some way!! I,m just glad I,m 52 and not 12 what,s it gonna be like when the kids are in their 40,s 50s,60,s etc.??
              "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
                I wish this was a joke. These are my favorite! And shockingly, I have never smoked.

Source
                Sarah,
                I can't believe you've never smoked a Clove at least. Those turned out to be the #1 cover up for pot smoke when I was, er, partying. "No mom, it's a Clove. Not Pot"... Damn those were the good old days.

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                  Sarah,
                  I can't believe you've never smoked a Clove at least. Those turned out to be the #1 cover up for pot smoke when I was, er, partying. "No mom, it's a Clove. Not Pot"... Damn those were the good old days.
                  [COLOR="DarkRed"]"Don't blame me for my build taking so long. It's all this Ganja"[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Double AA View Post
                    [COLOR=darkred]"Don't blame me for my build taking so long. It's all this Ganja"[/COLOR]

Oh man, my knee hurts from slapping it so much...
                    Stfffffffffff, 'Ear...

Comment

yeah, they are taxing and eliminating so much good stuff that the whole countries in economic decline! Why do they not realize that they are cutting off the revenue supplies for all their social programs!? WTF? how are they gonna fund all the school programs when people stop smoking? what are they gonna do when we start using less gasoline? these politicians are idiots!
                      :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                        Sarah,
                        Hehe, never even tried one. Never liked the smoke smell in my long hair

Comment

Working...
                        X