Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Envious is putting it mildly!

Well, I was out in the back last evening working on the patio and my neighbor's wife pulls into her driveway. A few minutes later, I hear this rumble and look up and see Chris pulling into their driveway with this........

A 1974 Ford Bronco that he just purchased from a guy in Casmaillia. He's been looking for one of these things for awhile now and he found it on Craigslist for $20 grand. He offered the guy $13 grand cash for it and the guy took it! (Desperate times I guess!)

It has had a total frame off restoration, Duffs 4 link long arm, coil suspension front and rear, 5.0 fuel injected engine out of a Ford Mustang, Auto Trans, Dana 44 up front and a Ford 9 in the rear sittin on 35's, 4.88's, ARB lockers front and rear, Warn 9000i winch, Duffs Bumpers front and rear.

This thing is sweet, well built and it's definatly worth way more than he paid for it!

I know it's not a Jeep but, you have to appreciate something that is 36 years old and this well built!

Chris never stopped grinnin, from the time he jumped out of it in the driveway until he closed it up in the garage a few hours later!

Maybe we can get him to join us out on a run and see what this thing can really do!

Scott
    Last edited by avjeepfreek; 06-16-10, 10:54 AM.
    "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

My first off road trip was in an early Bronco. Thats what I was looking for when I bought my Scout back in 1990 or so. Even back then a Decient Bronco was serius cash. I remember looking @ trashed and crashed ones back then and they were in the 5K range for those.

Comment

One of my biggest regrets was selling my 68'w/289.I bought it for 2k in 81',and had a blast with it on the skidder trails in Ore.
      Dennis and Tammy
      Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

That's pretty cuuuuustom deeeelux! Wow!
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Nice! I gotta admit, I'm a sucker for early broncos.
          -Justin

Comment

That thing looks pretty sweet Scott. I like that blue.
            Check out .

Comment

In 1974 I bought a brand new Bronco. I hate myself for ever selling it...

My jeep is still #1 in my heart though.
              SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
              MJR moderator
              MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

I know that Bronco, I have to make a call.
                Have Smackos, will travel

Comment

That,s awesome !!! Anything that can keep ya grinin for hours on end is a blessing...Cool stuff..Congrats..
                  "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Sweet!
                    1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport
                    3" Rough Country Lift

Comment

Working...
                    X