Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!?

Just hoping I could get a couple people that might help me instal my lift tomorrow? I'm using manual tools as I don't have a compressor (unless someone with a compressor offers a helping hand! ) I want to get my rear control arms coils on all 4 corners and shocks on all 4 corners, body lift installed this weekend. The tough part is just trying to get it all done with 2 hands.

heck let me know if I can buy you pizza whatever I'll happily donate something to show some appreciation.. I don't know where else to put this In orange CA I don't have a garage but I can make some room to work on it.
    Sarcasm is my body's natural response to stupid.

Hey Dan. I might have time tomorrow after about 5:30 if you're still out there working on it, and I should be available for the morning on sunday till about 1:30 or 2:00.
    "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Right on man, I know I am being a little patheticc here I should man up and do it on my own but.. sometimes it's just easier when you have help...and a jack that will reach....you have my number tomorrow I will start on it around 1 o clock so chances are good I'll be working on it.

Comment

Anyone have advice on how to adjust the front track bar so it's straight?

Comment

You can buy a adjustable track bar
          or redrill the frame
          censored for having an opinion

Comment

I have an adjustable track bar.. I'm trying to figure out how to get the suspension to settle over the the adjustable track bar and so I can get the bolt through

Comment

Originally posted by ocTJ View Post
              I have an adjustable track bar.. I'm trying to figure out how to get the suspension to settle over the the adjustable track bar and so I can get the bolt through
              [COLOR="Blue"]You need to set the vehicle on the ground and use a ratchet strap from the axle to the frame. Tighten till the axle is centered then adjust the track bar to align with the track bar mount.

You'll need to measure from the wheel to the frame on each side to make sure you're centered.

Once you lift a TJ your toe-in usually needs to be adjusted also. Toe-in is approx 1/8" narrower in the front than the back. (front sidewall to sidewall --rear sidewall to sidewall) [/COLOR]

Comment

For the FRONT track bar you can line up the bolt holes by turning the steering wheel. That will shift the frame/axle alignment enough to line up the holes. For the REAR track bar, you will probably need a ratchet strap.
                If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                KI6MLU

Comment

Thank you, got it all strapped up and installed now I just need to get the alignment straightened out.

Comment

Working...
                  X