Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sick people- Plastic bottles

Subject: snopes confirmed TRUE report...there are a lot of sick/crazy people out there - this is not a joke

Beware of Plastic Bottle Bombs

Don't pick up any plastic bottles that may be laying in your yards or in the gutter, etc.

Please pay attention to this.

1. A plastic bottle with a cap.
    2. A little Drano.
    3. A little water.
    4. A small piece of foil.
    5. Disturb it by moving it; and BOOM!!
    6. No fingers left and other serious effects to your face, eyes, etc..

People are finding these bombs in mailboxes and in their yards, just waiting for you to pick it up intending to put it in the trash.
    But, you'll never make it!!! It takes about 30 seconds to blow after you move the thing.

See "SNOPES" below....it's true.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/bottlebomb.asp
    Last edited by JeepGal; 06-01-10, 06:29 PM.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

When I was 12, one of my friends showed me how to make those. We called them draino bombs. The only difference was we used glass bottles and detonated them in an old field.

You put the water in last and screwed on a lid. In a matter of seconds the glass was real hot and a few seconds later there was so much pressure the bottle exploded. One piece of glass had landed on a piece of news paper and was still so hot it scorched the paper.

If a plastic bottle can hold the heat and pressure I'd be more worried about the acid in my eye's. If these idiots are doing this with glass bottles you can add broken glass to the acid. Either way I would love to catch someone leaving those around.
    Come to the dark side.....
    We have Cookies!

Comment

LOL . . . you guys are almost as bad as the news reporters . . . anything else inquiring minds should know? Growing up we had to be creative . . . now kids just google a word or two and they've got ingredients and instructions on how to wreak havok right there at their finger tips . . . where's the sport in that? :dunno:
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]Terrorism?

This type of device is technically (by definition) an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) with an inferous ignition system. FBI involved yet?[/COLOR]
        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism

From wikipedia: Terrorism is the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion

Why is the mass media not being rounded up under the guise of homeland security?

Thank God the Islamic extremists are stupid, and fixated on airports:gun:
          An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
            Subject: snopes confirmed TRUE report...there are a lot of sick/crazy people out there - this is not a joke

Beware of Plastic Bottle Bombs

Don't pick up any plastic bottles that may be laying in your yards or in the gutter, etc.

Please pay attention to this.

1. A plastic bottle with a cap.
            2. A little Drano.
            3. A little water.
            4. A small piece of foil.
            5. Disturb it by moving it; and BOOM!!
            6. No fingers left and other serious effects to your face, eyes, etc..

People are finding these bombs in mailboxes and in their yards, just waiting for you to pick it up intending to put it in the trash.
            But, you'll never make it!!! It takes about 30 seconds to blow after you move the thing.

See "SNOPES" below....it's true.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/bottlebomb.asp
            TRUTHFULLY, YOU SHOULD EITHER RE-EDIT THIS POST AND NOT PUT UP THE DIRECTIONS (ALTHOUGH VAGUE) OR DELETE IT ENTIRELY. Its a good thing to give warning but not to give direction.
            1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Working...
            X