Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puttin on a run

I'm gonna post this here untill I get the details sorted out.

I have some friends that are not members of this forum. Some have jeeps, a Suburban, Toyota etc. A few of them have asked me to put a not to gnarly run together.

Nothing too extreeme but not totally borring like the trip we went on with another guy a few weeks ago.Hehe.

I'm thinkin of visiting some mines in JV.

I'm thinking about going to the Gold Peak mine. This includes a pretty good hill climb but I have gone up it in my Stock TJ with open axles.

Then up a tight wash. But the wash may be trouble for the Suburban. Then on to the Gold Peak mine for a history lesson.

Now back down the wash and hill to the Elsie mine. Let people wander into it and back out.

Then to the Cumberland mine and show them the Arrastra and 1911 date on the rock.

Then off to the Petroglyphs near the end of Camp rock road.

I was considering going to the top of the hill with the radio towers but some of these people are older and I dont want any pacemakers getting zapped.

So does anybody know of any other places to see in the area?(Great88 where are you?)

When I get the run and date figured out I'll post it in the trail run section and everybody is invited of course.

Chris,

Call me for a couple other ideas in the area. I wouldn't take the Suburban unless you have a camera!!!! Then it would be fun.

Mitch

Comment

sounds like a swell run, I would go and bring my metal detectors, Now i do not go in old mines, but love to go around them and look around
      censored for having an opinion

Comment

How do I find out when they are having races in JV? I'd like to avoid all that mess if possible.

Comment

Chris let me know when your doing this run. My Brother and I would like to go also.

Comment

Here's my plan.

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17649

Comment

Working...
            X