Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canoe or no canoe?

SO I really want a canoe for my trip this weekend and I found a killer deal. Only one my problem .... its 15ft long. I dont think it will work on my trailer without sticking out the back 4 feet. So my questions is, would that be too much to stick out the back of the trailer?

OR

Should i put on the roof of TJ where it hangs over the windshield even with the front grill.

I was really looking for a canoe about 10ft long but like I said I found a great deal I on a very nice canoe. Help convince me please.

pm'd you

Comment

I have a tandem sit on top kayak that you can borrow if you want to pick it up in Oceanside.
      Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
        I have a tandem sit on top kayak that you can borrow if you want to pick it up in Oceanside.
        Thanks but not too sure about putting my son on the sit on tops. I looked at them and my son is a dare devil and i would be jumping in the water every 5 minutes. Not a bad thing!!!! Thanks I really appreciate the offer.

Comment

Just sent you a pm Jason

Comment

My plan .... if I can convince the wifey to take the top down and enjoy the $300 Safari straps that are tucked away underneath it. I would just rest the canoe on my rockhard cage and strap it down.

Or if time permitting since I am leaving friday early and I still havent got the lights on the trailer and little league practices has got tomorrow evening shot. I can bend me a light bar and mount it to my windshield. My smittybilt tire carrie has a 2 inch post that stick up the back so the tire can rest on it. So i was thinking of extending and welding a T padding it and lay the canoe on top of that and keep my top on.

I dont really want to be welding and bending tomorrow!!!!

Comment

Mike, where ya going for the weekend?
              But can we SURVIVE 2 more years?

Comment

Originally posted by 4rheel View Post
                Mike, where ya going for the weekend?
                Going to Lake Mojave, I am so excited I cant sleep!

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17522

Thanks to Russ he gave me the skinny about this place. Free too..

Comment

I love Lake Mojave

Comment

looks great, have fun and stay safe
                    But can we SURVIVE 2 more years?

Comment

Just got back with the canoe... after all that talk about where to put it and what to do. Its staying just like this.

I will put on padding along the edges.

Comment

Working...
                      X