Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody want old mine info?

I've been searching for more info about the local mines. I found some books on Fleabay. Mines and minerals of Ca from 1953 and I have another from 1944 coming.

The books have info about what the mines were producing and when. As well as what other minerals are in the area.

If you can get me the name or describe where it is I'll do my best to post the info if it's in the book.

Chris,

I will take any info, reference to books, articles, anything related. Let me know of any sources. I always want to add to my book collection and increase my knowledge.

Thanks

Mitch

Comment

This book is called "California journal of mines and geology". Jan-April 1953.

Printed in 1955.

Heres a couple of our local mines.

Ord Belt:

W.A.Raymond of Upland had the claim. No claim date.Section 10. Location 6n,2e, sb. South end Ord mountain., South of Daggett. Gold bearing quartz veins.5ft max width., cut monzonite,rhyolite and decite. Developement includes 6 audits from 75 to 500 ft. long totaling about 1300ft. Long idle.

I'm assuming that long idle means no work has been done in quite a while.

Cumberland:

Harry Fredricks and hugh Connell,. Alhambra, 1943. Sec 25 30 6n 6n 2e 3e sb.West Slope Fry mts.Ore discovered in 1900 and hauled to Old Woman Springs to be milled. in Arrastres.Quarts vein strikes north., dips 85*w.;in quarts monzonite. Vein 18 inches to 3ft. wide carries free gold associated with hermatite,pyrite, marcasite, and chalcopyrite. Developed by 6 shafts from 50 to 135ft deep within 2000 ft of strike length. Ore produced in 1939.

The Cumberand is one of the ones that Roger takes us to on his trips in that area. It's the one with the Arastre that has the pipes in it for gear teeth.

Comment

Working...
      X