• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well... you can get out of it...
    i'll tell you how.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

oh no chris! you're going to miss the rubicon! ask rick how many days he was at jury duty ... sorry mang, we'll miss ya.
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
        oh no chris! you're going to miss the rubicon! ask rick how many days he was at jury duty ... sorry mang, we'll miss ya.
        Screw THAT!!! I'm not missing this damn trip, not for anything. Those lousy bastards will be sorry they picked my fat arse to serve jury duty

sons a bitches:mad:

HEY RICK!!!! How many days did you serve?
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Dude, jury duty is so easy to get out of. They tried to seat me on 2 juries last time I went. The first was for a carjacking/kidnapping/attempted murder trail....the defense team booted me off the jury when they found out my dad was kidnapped at gunpoint when I was 12 years old. The next jury they tried to seat me on was a murder trial that was expected to last 2 weeks. The defense team booted me when they found out I was starting school in 2 weeks, they thought that if the trail went longer than expected, I would do whatever I had to do in order to end the trail so I could get to school.
          olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
            Screw THAT!!! I'm not missing this damn trip, not for anything. Those lousy bastards will be sorry they picked my fat arse to serve jury duty

sons a bitches:mad:

HEY RICK!!!! How many days did you serve?
            I have never gone because am in school when they want me. lol I just tell them am in school that time. which has been true.
            2001 TACOJ-7 with RE 6" long arm kit and 4" all pro lonp travel leaf springs in the rear with 37" MTR's, Kilby's gas tank skid plate, 4XDoctors rocker panels, Skid Row engine skid and steering box skid plate, M.O.R.E steering brace etc.. 99 Toyota Tacoma rear axle with 4.10's and E-locker, and 78 HP Dana 44 front with waggy axle shafts, flat tops, manual hubs, with chevy brakes.

1990 XJ With 30's

Comment

Originally posted by TACOJ-7
              I have never gone because am in school when they want me. lol I just tell them am in school that time. which has been true.
              Tried that, didnt work. School is not a valid excuse anymore
              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

always worked for me lol.
                2001 TACOJ-7 with RE 6" long arm kit and 4" all pro lonp travel leaf springs in the rear with 37" MTR's, Kilby's gas tank skid plate, 4XDoctors rocker panels, Skid Row engine skid and steering box skid plate, M.O.R.E steering brace etc.. 99 Toyota Tacoma rear axle with 4.10's and E-locker, and 78 HP Dana 44 front with waggy axle shafts, flat tops, manual hubs, with chevy brakes.

1990 XJ With 30's

Comment

If I remember right on the list, if you are a student check here lol.

1990 XJ With 30's

Comment

Originally posted by TACOJ-7
                    If I remember right on the list, if you are a student check here lol.
                    Its changed. Its said specifically that being a student is not a valid excuse
                    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

They changed alot last year (or was it the year before). They will get at least one day out of you. Even judges can't get out of it now.

Chris, when you go in, ask them for a postponement for 2 weeks. Several people had legitamate reasons for needing one last time I went (vacation qualifies--remember, you are not trying to get out of it, just more it to a better time), they are more flexible if you appear to be trying to make it work rather than getting out of it all together. Just be honest with them, tell them you are going to be out of town on vacation, and it is too late to ask the rest of the group to postpone the trip. Add that you'll be happy to come in and serve at a later time (suggest a reasonable time frame). Of course, you should be polite and not tell them that they all suck balls when you first talk to them (no matter how you really feel ).

If all else fails, make it seem like you would be a bad choice to sit on the jury. That is how I got out of it last time. Just don't lie to them.

edit--As I recall, being a student IS a valid excuse, if school is in session during the time you are supposed to serve. So unless you are going to summer school, then that won't help you.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
                        They changed alot last year (or was it the year before). They will get at least one day out of you. Even judges can't get out of it now.

Chris, when you go in, ask them for a postponement for 2 weeks. Several people had legitamate reasons for needing one last time I went (vacation qualifies--remember, you are not trying to get out of it, just more it to a better time), they are more flexible if you appear to be trying to make it work rather than getting out of it all together. Just be honest with them, tell them you are going to be out of town on vacation, and it is too late to ask the rest of the group to postpone the trip. Add that you'll be happy to come in and serve at a later time (suggest a reasonable time frame). Of course, you should be polite and not tell them that they all suck balls when you first talk to them (no matter how you really feel ).

If all else fails, make it seem like you would be a bad choice to sit on the jury. That is how I got out of it last time. Just don't lie to them.

edit--As I recall, being a student IS a valid excuse, if school is in session during the time you are supposed to serve. So unless you are going to summer school, then that won't help you.
                        I already postponed it. Matbe I'll just toss um a bunch of crap and see it they bite. man this sucks
                        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

So the july date is the "postponed to" date?

That sucks.

Well, I guess if worse comes to worse, we'll send you pictures.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
                            So the july date is the "postponed to" date?

That sucks.

Well, I guess if worse comes to worse, we'll send you pictures.
                            Yes this is the postponed date. Pictures are not an option. I AM going on this trip, whos gunna stop me? The government, laughable
                            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Trailbst
                              Why do I get the feeling that you say a prayer everynight, thanking God (insert your personal preference here) that there isn't a draft anymore. LOL I can just see you in cammies now, with a big old wet spot on your ass from sweating LOL J/K

Love ya man! Good luck with the jury duty thing.
                              Actually, I dont. Serving my country and serving jury duty cant really be compared, IMO. If there was a draft, and I got called to duty, I would serve my county.

And the wet spot isnt from sweat . . . depends
                              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Actually, I dont. Serving my country and serving jury duty cant really be compared, IMO. If there was a draft, and I got called to duty, I would serve my county.

And the wet spot isnt from sweat . . . depends

Run and see where thats gets you!
                                Last edited by TACOJ-7; 07-06-03, 08:20 PM.

1990 XJ With 30's

Comment

Working...
                                X