Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeeperYJ View Post
    To move the axle that much, and break stuff under the jeep. This wasn't a bump or tap by all means. You should also go and have yourself looked at too!
    X2 Just to be sure.......
    Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

I remember after I was re-ended, the next day I was pretty sore. I would consider getting myself checked out. Don't accept the insurance companies first offer. They always start low.

Comment

yeah Geebo...doesn't your back hurt MORE now!?

Comment

I,ll keep ya,ll posted after the adjuster comes tommorrow..Thanks everyone for your concern and advice on dealing with it..Geeb
          "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Well, 9.00am. just put a call into the insurance adjuster..so far upon further looking around carefully I,ve found bent and cracked frt. control arm/bracket steering stabalizer looks a bit tweeked, tie rod my have a new bend in it, and like Joe (Schmo) mentioned my frt.axle is off 1 to 2 inches...most of the thigs I,ve mentioned are fairly new Currie up grades..so now finally feeling so much better, and am starting to get a little pissed about the entire thing ..for a while there I was so sick I just didn,t care but (THE TIMES THEY ARE A CHANGIN)..lol

Comment

Well git er done Geeb, after the meet and greet we might just organize and impromptu late afternoon/night run on Cleghorn, just for the fun of it.

Comment

Geeb,

Sounds like it's all falling into place for you! Glad to hear your Ok too! With all these after market up-grades we do to our Jeeps, The Insurance Companies just love to screw ya and tell you that the won't pay for the repacement of after market parts! I've had it happen! Stay on top of them (both insurance companies if they are both involved) and dont' let them mess you around!

Back in my Mini truckin days, (Yea, I was one of those guys!) I had a Mazda pick up that was all customized and I had just had a custom paint job done on the thing that cost me $5000. Well after an accident (that was not my fault) the Insuracne Co, (AllState) decided that they were only going to pay to have it repainted the factory color. I said "BS" and took it back to the shop that had origionaly done the custom paint and they fought the fight for me and won! Luck for me I had all the receipts and the shop still had their estimate of the origional cost to paint it! All I'm tryin to say is stay on top of them, don't let them decide for you. They love to cut corners and try and save a buck, Tell them you want to approve every part that goes back on that thing!

Just my :2:

Scott
                "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

x2 on the first offer from the insurance, I actually had to argue for 3 months with their insurance on the FJ Cruiser, but in the end I got the extra 7 grand they did not want to give me. They will try and try and try, ask for a specialty adjuster if they want to bulk, they will have to pay for him and he will say,yes they have custom parts worth this much more. Remember the first guy they send out will want to quote as cheap as it will take to put it back stock. You have a specialty vehicle and the guy who hit you did not hit a stock vehicle. He is insured to get it back as it was when hit, not stock, get pictures of all damage. And at least 2 estimates from JEEP shops.
                  censored for having an opinion

Comment

Well finally after almost two weeks got a call from the ins.company they sent my check out today so hopefully I,m back on the road soon..just need to order the parts...

Comment

Any adivce on getting that control arm bracket off? Do I just grind away on it til it off the axle then smooth it out and weld the new one on?

Comment

Chop it off with a cutoff wheel and then grind it down smooth with a flap disc. Shouldn't take more than about 10 minutes to get the old one off.
                        That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Need the grinder Geebo? Give me a call before I go to work (11am this weekend).

Comment

Thanks Steve, might just take ya up on it..

Comment

From what you mentioned, that housing is bent, so you'll probably need to get a new housing...see if Brothers 4x4 still has that 44 drop in!
                              That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Geeb I have a front axle sitting on the patio in good shape, I'll hook you up all brackets are good just needs the gears swapped

Comment

Working...
                                X