Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sucks geeb. but you should be taken care of since there is insurance.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I hate to say this, but after any accident get insurance info and then file an accident report, even if it looks like no damage was done.
      This is a prime example.
      If the insurance gets to be over 500 dollars the CHP is going to want to know why an accident report was not turned in. You are responsible for filing it legally.
      One of the first things you need to do is file an accident report now. With a ripped control arm support like that I think there is more damage elsewhere as it would be strange for all the damage to transfer to that one spot. Bring the jeep to a body shop with a frame jig and get that report filed.
      censored for having an opinion

Comment

Again Thanks the report (IS FILED) it,s funny too,because the Tow truck driver while I was exchanging info said he was calling the CHP dispatch as we spoke,I guess he was giving me BS because as I stated after I filed the claim ALMOST IMMEDITElY) his boss called and said no report was ever filed by the driver and he was wondering why the guy was at a dounut shop in N. Hollywood when they dispatch outta Santa Clarita he said he was going to look into that too if his driver should have even been there..lookin good for me...fingers crossed.
        "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Sorry, just so many guys do not file and then wonder why a cop i s knocking at the door, I did not read every post before posting, my bad.
          Anyway now that bases are covered it is time to get a few quotes from specialty Jeep shops. You need to stress that it is a lifted special Jeep, otherwise the insurance will want to refer to stock parts for a repair quote. I have done such before and it can be a pain, you need to stick up and never back down or they will run all over you. It is their job and they are good at it.

Comment

I'm glad you are okay Geeb!
            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
            MJR moderator
            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

You dont need and accident report if there is no injury. Exchange of information is fine. Insurance co. dont look at the accident report anyhow you need to give a deposition.
              I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep the "Change".

Comment

One thing I have said to each person I,ve spoken to so far is that the jeep is lifted and that most of the parts under the jeep are not stock jeep parts ..so that,s one thing I got a jump on ,I told them that on the phone before anyones looked at it..Thanks...and thanks Roger I,m fine..

Comment

Hey Geeb... Let me know if you need any help wrenching or anything. i've got nothing but time the next couple months while i re-hab my knee.

Comment

has his insurance looked at it yet?

Comment

Had a chance to look at Geeb's Jeep . . . besides the control arm bracket, it also looks like the trackbar was bent pretty good and the axle appears to be at least 1-2 inches off to the driver side (the impact was against the passenger tire). Didn't see anything else that jumped out at me.
                      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

It's time to take it to a frame shop and have it looked at!
                        GET PICTURES.
                        Respectfully,
                        LG
                        Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

Oh yeah, I,m gonna take it to a few places..any recommendations here in the San Fernando Valley to take my jeep for estimates? Oh, and the adjuster will be by on Mon. said she was going to call the owner of the Tow company by 7.30am. and then either come out to the house or send someone..so hopefully after that I can get some estimates!..Thanks there Joe for lookin to see what else we could find under the damn thing...so I,m gonna wait til they look at it then go get it checked out....

Comment

PLUS, don't drive it till you get it fixed.
                            MAKE the tow co. get you a rental car.
                            Respectfully,
                            LG
                            Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

Acc. Report

Even though there were no injuries if DAMAGE EXCEEDS $750 you need to fill out an SR1 DMV Form(not exactally sure of the number). Your insurance company should tell you that. Do you think the damage might exceed that?
                              Traffic Accident Report (PDF) (SR 1)from DMV web site
                              Reporting a Collision
                              When you have a collision, report it
                              to the DMV within 10 days if:
                              • More than $750 in damage was
                              done to the property of any person.
                              • Anyone was injured (no matter
                              how slightly) or killed.
                              Last edited by TDS SD; 04-24-10, 06:28 PM. Reason: Add corrected info

Comment

To move the axle that much, and break stuff under the jeep. This wasn't a bump or tap by all means. You should also go and have yourself looked at too!

Comment

Working...
                                X