Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
    How strong are those Volvo portal axles? If you don't have actual torque ratings, how about an best-guess comparison to say, a Dana 44 or Ford 9" (or whatever)?
    They are strong! Much better than 44, i think about D60. 3 diffirent ratio,7,8&8.5 Price is a about 3500€(front&rear)(4700usd)here in Finland.

Otherwise, re-issue, does anyone still does not produce CJ in any event? I wonder if he drove his own yard?
    Last edited by timmy; 03-24-10, 10:11 AM.

Comment

The reason why I would like to find the former owner is that I would know what the car has broken down. Finland to be really hard find Jeep parts, and in most cases I have to order them from there Usa. Ordering take several weeks and as you know summer is continuously expanding ... So if you could help I'd be grateful!

Comment

Sorry for the hi-jack, Timmy.

To my knowledge no one in the world is currently producing the Jeep CJ, although the (CJ-5?) was produced until at least fairly recent times in a Latin American country or two (Venezuela?).

That said, there are numerous companies producing parts of various quality. So although no one may be producing CJ-7s, There is an abundance of CJ-7 parts available here in the U.S.--virtually every part you could want for you Jeep and quite a few you wouldn't.

Pm sent regarding finding former owner.

You think D60 strength? Pretty impressive. I didn't hold much hope they would be inexpensive.
        holes = cowbell

Comment

Thank you guys! What trade do you use when you buy parts ? I have already bought (LOT) fourwheelparts many years, Tony Becker evening. I could buy from elsewhere, what would you recommend?

Comment

Depends on what kind of parts we're talking about. I try to find the best parts for the best prices on eBay, Craigslist (no help to you, I'm sure), items for sale here or on Pirate4x4, or increasingly, I just make them myself. I don't often shop with any of the big parts houses these days, because I simply can't afford to pay retail for most items.
            Last edited by inVERt'D; 03-24-10, 01:54 PM.
            holes = cowbell

Comment

Hey jeepers,Good news, I have just received information that the jeep will soon be in Finland. The waiting time seemed like an eternity, especially when the snow has almost completely melted and starts to reach the forest drive.

Comment

Originally posted by GP4Play View Post
                Great photos,I'm loveing all that snow,mud,and all the cool rigs.Thats the crazyest cammo job,is that a Rover?
                Looks like an FJ-60 Land Cuiser
                An ugly Jeep with some stuff.....

Comment

Originally posted by DevilDogDoc View Post
                  Looks like an FJ-60 Land Cuiser
                  Jep,it is HJ-60 Landcruiser!

Comment

Timmy if you can get me a VIN number for that CJ I might be able to do a little research on the previous owner.
                    Those left standing
                    Will make millions
                    Writing books on ways
                    It should have been
                    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Thanks,i send the vin as soon as I get them (papers)myself, it takes few days!

Comment

Wo hoo, CJ is now in my home! Finally! Googlooking Jeep, runs well. I found few pictures from pre owner Rubicon Trail 2008
                        http://picasaweb.google.com/grobison62/RubiconTrailMadhattersStyle#.Now[/url] i try found pre owner and ask few things.....

Comment

Working...
                        X