Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the dodge smogged today

I know there was talk last summer about certian add-ons would make your vehicle fail smog.

Here is what I have done and the smog report!

2001 Dodge Neon
    k&n cold air intake (complete)
    Borla exhaust 2.5" (modified bigger)
    180* t-stat!
    MSD ignition & wires

[COLOR="Blue"]Passed![/COLOR]
    HC
    Max/ave/meas
    60-4-1
    CO%
    Max/ave/meas
    .53/.01/.01
    NO
    Max/ave/meas
    459/16/0

I just found out I'm gonna have to smog my diesel. I just love California... everytime they try to help me out it costs me money!
    I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep the "Change".

Comment

When did that start???

Comment

Don't know I heard it from a guy in the Costco parking lot when I was loading some groceries. He told me he had to smog his diesel and he had the same truck as me. He said it ONLY cost him $30.00. I told a buddy about it and he heard the same thing.

Comment

Update:

Ok. It's a visual inspection. They are checking for "chips". Making sure your not chipped and dumping a ton of smoke out the tail pipe. You will not have to hook it up to a sniffer. They do hook up your obd II and check for error codes. That's it.

OBDII check for codes
          Visual inspection
          smoke test, make sure the smoke, if any dissipates in a certain amount of time from a certain distance.

Comment

Good to know. I believe if I want to chip my truck or Jeep or whatever I think I should be able to, and I dont think they should be able to dictate that. Good to know info. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Your welcome and I agree. I had my '03 F250 Diesel chipped. I have my suburban 5.3l chipped w/hypertech as well.

Here is where lies the problem. Hypertech claims to be 50 state legal. I know my '04 Avalanche (5.3l) was chipped and the new owner sent me an email it passed with flying colors. Never heard from the Ford F250 guy. But, it had black smoke that poured out the 4" (turbo back ) exhaust! Again, hypertech 50 state legal.

I am sure this will be challenged.

Comment

It probably will be challenged, It sounds like too much fun...LOL!

Comment

Working...
                X