Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6X6 M35-A3 Motorhome

This thing looks awesome. Found it on Craigslist so the pictures will only be good for a week.

Description: 6X6 Off Road Motorhome

Chassis is a 6X6 M35-A3, powered by a Caterpillar 3116 engine, Allison AT 1545 automatic transmission and Rockwell 2.5 ton top loading axles with over-drive gearing. Additional features include a hydraulic winch, Central Tire Inflation System, air-ride leather seats, air over hydraulic brakes, exhaust brake, air assist steering, cold-start ether starting system and double layer sound insulation (still not really quiet).

Coachworks include 2 sleeping areas (one double bed and one queen), full kitchen with 3-burner stove, gas oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, large stainless steel sink and real granite counter top. Bath includes porcelain sink and toilet with full standup shower. All floors are natural cork and all cabinet faces are solid maple. Creature comforts include a 6-gal. water heater, air conditioning and forced air heating in the coach.

Coach construction is welded square-tube steel covered by an aluminum skin with a baked on finish and fully insulated walls and roof. There are outside lockable side storage compartments, outdoor shower/cleaning station, patio awning and additional enclosed storage on the roof.

Other Features include: Walk-on roof, 100-watt solar and 5-KW propane generator, TV with in-motion satellite 4-person intercom system and 2.5 ton Jeep trailer w/ air brakes.

Specifications:

Overall Length 24'

Width 8'

Height 12'-6'

Interior heights 7'-0"

Fresh Water 70gal. Heated

Gray Water 45 gal. Heated

Black Water 25 gal. Heated

LPG Capacity 2 X 10 gal

Fuel Capacity 50 + 30 gal.

Wet Weight +/-19,000 lbs.

Miscellaneous:

This is an American built vehicle. The “Cat” engine and Allison transmission can be serviced at any local dealer. Parts are available. Many parts can be purchased at military surplus sites at excellent prices.

It is a relatively simple vehicle because military requirements limited the use of computers and other electronics that might compromise the vehicle’s reliability.

The vehicle comes with operation and service manuals on CD
    Jeep trailer with air over hydraulic brakes

On-board tools include:

Large hand tools (sockets and wrenches)

Air tools

Power Socket wrench (NATO plug)

Many spare parts including rear axle and 24 Volt generator

One spare tire and wheel with vehicle and a second for storage

History:

This vehicle was commissioned to the U.S. military in 1973 as an M-35 A2 and assigned V.I.N. 054010965. In 1996, the vehicle was purchased privately and sent to AM General where it was completely reconditioned and converted to an M-35 A3 at a cost of +/- $140,000. I purchased the vehicle in early 2003 with less than 500 miles since the reconditioning. In 2004, I contracted with Ultra Haulers of Corona, California to remove the "Conestoga Wagon" back and build the motor home coach works. The current mileage is +/-17,500 I know this sounds like a lot of money, but this vehicle has to be seen to be appreciated. Its like new. Questions: please call Bill @ 619-322-6287
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Bad-A$$!! I wonder what is he asking for it? I didn't see a price in the write-up.
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

He's asking $150,000 for it.

Go for it, Roger! You know you want to.
      "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

I allways wanted to do that to a M-35(2 1/2 ton) or M-54(5 ton)But that is way better then what I could do.I don't think thats a M-35, unless they changed the whole front end.The M-35 and M-54 had the head lights in the grill not on the fenders,and the only electronics I remember were lights and horn
        Dennis and Tammy
        Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Working...
        X