Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door or no Door

I really don,t know the answer to this simple question so I,m asking, Are tube door,s legal for driving around town/street legal? And for that matter can I just remove the door,s completely without getting harassed?..Thanks ya,ll
    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
    I really don,t know the answer to this simple question so I,m asking, Are tube door,s legal for driving around town/street legal? And for that matter can I just remove the door,s completely without getting harassed?..Thanks ya,ll
    From what I've heard, tube doors are for sure fine, and it seems like no doors is also fine as long as you have a mirror. I might even have a mirror for you off one of my bikes if I look around.
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Thanks Joe, for the quick response,and for the offer, not going doorless just yet though, hell I,m still wearin 3 layers of clothing..lol

Comment

Yes, for sure you can drive with out doors on the street but as Joe said, you have to have at least one mirror, and most definitely shoulder harness/seat belts.
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Sdang ,Thanks Kurt you mean by shoulder harness the one,s that our already in my TJ?

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
            Yes, for sure you can drive with out doors on the street but as Joe said, you have to have at least one mirror, and most definitely shoulder harness/seat belts.
            [COLOR="Sienna"]Well, my CJ5 has no doors and just lap belts. I do just fine, no hassles. Of course, out here in the stix we only have two cops and one's name is "Barney".[/COLOR]
            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
              Sdang ,Thanks Kurt you mean by shoulder harness the one,s that our already in my TJ?
              yes. the factory shoulder harness is already required by law, doors or not. Cops can see you clearly with no doors so put it on for that, if not for your safety...

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                [COLOR=sienna]Well, my CJ5 has no doors and just lap belts. I do just fine, no hassles. Of course, out here in the stix we only have two cops and one's name is "Barney".[/COLOR]
                No one messes with a Devil Dog anyway, so shut up!

Comment

I run doorless all the time, even on the highway in teh CJ6, never have had an issue.
                  censored for having an opinion

Comment

Must be legal. I've driven year round without doors and never had so much as a dirty look from a cop. Been pretty darn cold, but never hassled.

One thing about those full doors, they weigh about 60lbs each. I can tell the difference with them off--Jeep feels quicker and more nimble, but wind drag takes its toll more.
                    Last edited by inVERt'D; 02-08-10, 04:04 PM.
                    holes = cowbell

Comment

Never had a dirty look from a cop - but have had more than one ask me if I was as cold as I looked
                      Jeff
                      OHV76V
                      KG6TY
                      You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Thanks Fella,s and Fellette,s, considering tube doors this summer,and was just curious.

Comment

I like going doorless and I can defiantly feel the difference when I take the 350lbs of top and doors off the heep. I am looking forward to summer. I like the idea of tube doors though because I imagine they would keep your legs in the jeep in the event of a highway rollover. Hate to think about it but it could happen.
                          Those left standing
                          Will make millions
                          Writing books on ways
                          It should have been
                          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Working...
                          X